1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2023 Supercross Season

Discussion in 'General' started by Once a Wanker.., Jan 5, 2023.

Tags:
  1. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I got tickets for Oakland next weekend right behind the starting gate.
    If it's half as good as the Mercedes Benz seats we had a few yrs ago I would be stoked!
    Anyone been to the Oakland round before?
    I was told it's open top?

2. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

Eli should be able to pass Bubba on the all-time wins list on his way to the 2023 title.

Track was in bad shape which always helps Eli, but no one was in his league come race time.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  3. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

Gonna be a swamper unfortunately.

ToofPic likes this.
  4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

5. ToofPic

That's what I'm thinking too! If I can work in the rain I will enjoy watching racing in the rain I guess

6. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

Great attitude. Have fun!

ToofPic likes this.
  7. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

I saw this picture yesterday, and looked at the details for like 5 minutes. First off, in my top 5 of best photo ever, in the category of action shots.
    Most impressive of all, is Eli's spatial awareness of what is going on with him, in respect to both the bike and the ground. This shot explains so much to me, and I've been a fan of his ever since he first turned pro on Geico Honda 250's, and won his first ever pro race, in his first race.
    Photo credit to someone on Racer X's payroll. (Align Media) I want to know who shot it!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2023
    TurboBlew likes this.
  8. Once a Wanker..

TurboBlew likes this.
  9. Once a Wanker..

ToofPic likes this.
  10. ToofPic

Thanks for the link!!
    I told the gf,she was kinda bummed.She got the tickets for her daughters birthday,and 2 kids.I think everyone will be alright,except for the 3yo.
    She can get kinda pissy in good weather.The kids are big fans,and both got new bikes for Christmas.Gonna be interesting!
    I will just tell her Tomac is Co Co Melon,that should calm her wild ass down! :D

11. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

No race this weekend :(

12. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

^^^^^ WHAT?

13. Once a Wanker..

I was guessing this might be a possibility. Unprecedented, but DirtWorx didn't have any opportunity to haul dirt in when it wasn't raining. Could be the first time in SX history that they postponed a race due to weather, not sure.

14. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

well, that sucks big time.

2008 Daytona mudcross was tough to watch, Chad Reed fried his clutch, I swear a lap on the track took 4 minutes. it wasnt entertainment except from a "holy shit the endurance it must take to get through that" kind of watch. nobody was jumping, everyone rolling everything because you couldnt get any traction anywhere... probably for the best.

cBJr and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  15. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

It's California and as we know when motorcycles are involved they get scared quickly. The AFM won't race in the rain and if I remember correctly the other organizations won't either. I think the exception is WSBK/AMA/MotoGp at Laguna.

16. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

And he's out for the season again.

17. ToofPic

I got a message saying it was canceled this morning. Can't say I'm too disappointed. I don't believe the kids would have done well getting rained on .It would have been fun to see a mud race in person though.

18. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

why, oh why, do they keep wanting to hold these man made events outdoors? roof over stadiums only. OMG! Ski

Bloodhound and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  19. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

The only acceptable open air stadium is LA Coliseum....even the Mickey Thompson Ultracross tracks were awesome.

20. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Well that sucks.......