1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2023 Supercross Season

Discussion in 'General' started by Once a Wanker.., Jan 5, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Starts this weekend! Anaheim I track is already built so rain there today will not impact the racing Saturday.
    Lots of storylines leading up to the opener. All the top 10-15 contenders claim to be healthy and ready for the season.
    https://rxi.iscdn.net/2023/01/260891_rd01_anaheim_overview01.png
    No, I don't want to discuss the SuperMotocross Season here yet. Let's take this one series at a time, please?

G2G, ebastaard, Shenanigans and 2 others like this.
  2. prm

prm Well-Known Member

I can’t wait! I hate the off season.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

I need to go to see one live!

SpeedyTide and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

2 chances in FL this year!!

5. Once a Wanker..

This is why I first became so enamored with both the Dakar Rally, and the SX season, prm.
    I highly recommend it, Sabre! I had only seen the Daytona SX a handful of times when there for the 200, and once when I raced the amateur race in '78, I think? Took my young daughters to the Atlanta SX 24-25 years ago, and have been going to one or two a year ever since.

TurboBlew likes this.
  6. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

We finally got another Nashville round! I can't wait!

7. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Come to Indy. There's a whole gaggle of us that go and we make a weekend of it.

Once a Wanker.. and 5axis like this.
  8. eggfooyoung

Might be at this one too.

9. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I like how they decided to go to a streaming provider to televise races this year. That has worked out so well for Motocross the last couple years.
    Two main events on NBC, two main events on USA. The rest? St(r)eaming.
    SMH.

10. yuengling910

yuengling910 Loose Cannon

Streaming on Peacock last season was great and it's relatively cheap considering the amount of coverage you get.

11. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

Let's go racing boys!!!!

12. Once a Wanker..

I bought tickets a few weeks ago for the 4 of us. My daughter and her husband live there.

eggfooyoung likes this.
  13. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

Cant wait to watch this tomorrow.

14. Once a Wanker..

Today was yesterday's tomorrow!
    Who's your picks for tonight?
    My friend and former top pro MX racer Warren Reid has Malcolm, Chase, Ken, Eli and Cooper, with Christian as his wild-card 10th place.

15. Once a Wanker..

Coverage this year on the USA network and NBC Sports also mentioned, somewhere?

From Racer-X 'How to watch:'
    "Action kicks off in the morning with live qualifying coverage beginning at 4:30 p.m. ET/1:30 p.m. PST on Peacock. USA and Peacock will carry live coverage of the opening round main program beginning at 10 p.m. EST/7 p.m. PST, as the first heat races of 2023 blast out of the gates. NBC will have an encore presentation on Sunday, January 8, at 2 p.m. EST/11 a.m. PST."
    https://racerxonline.com/2023/01/06/how-to-watch-anaheim-1

16. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Roczen has won the opener a couple times, but the Suzuki is an unknown. It's been nowhere for years, Ken likes it, he's wanting to prove a point. So he's a solid pick for the first couple rounds.
    Neither Eli nor Chase have won an opener, but Yamaha and Honda have won it a lot. Both are very fast, I'd lean more Chase as Eli is more calculated lately and isn't going to want to lose the championship on opening night.
    Ciancarulo will go for it, needs a win before he crashes himself out of the season again.
    Stewart, Anderson, Webb, Barcia, Ferrandis, Nichols.

I'm going with Sexton on top, Roczen making a good showing for second and Ferrandis third.
    Tomac settles for a fourth.
    Anderson, Stewart and Barcia having some interactions, Ciancarulo and Webb whining about something.

Any of those guys could win it, it's going to be a great race.

17. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

Barcia has won A1 a bunch, don't count him out. But I like the picks above @brex

18. Once a Wanker..

I see it's also going to be broadcast live on USA Network tonight.

19. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Eli, Chase, Anderson, Roczen, Adam, Mooky.

ts199 likes this.
  20. eggfooyoung

Watching Q1 now