1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WANT TO BUY LIGHTWEIGHT TWIN TRACK BIKE. East Tn

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Superchikn996, Dec 29, 2022.

1. Superchikn996

Superchikn996 Well-Known Member

Hello.
    Back in to riding on track after near 25 yr hiatus,rode several times this season on a new MT-09.
    While a lot of fun it absolutely whipped me by the end of the day and after five track days is already in need of a repaint from flying debris.
    I'm looking to buy or trade(have a pretty nice GEN2 Aprilia Tuono v2) for an FZ07, SV650 that is in good cond and already track prepped.
    Prefer second gen and up on the sv.
    Long distance travel is nearly impossible for me because of work schedule.
    So hopefully find one in driving distance.
    Let me know what you have and we go from there.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

3. RC713

RC713 Well-Known Member

Many well sorted sv’s around these parts, a little patience and you almost certainly will find what you are looking for.

4. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

5. ROSSIFAN

ROSSIFAN Well-Known Member

I have a nice SV1000 that I am interested in selling if you have an interest in the SV650s big brother. Located in Ga.

6. Superchikn996

Thanks but I've already got three 900cc +naked bikes.
    All three way better bikes than my skillset.

7. Buell1965

Buell1965 Well-Known Member

If I may and since your kinda getting started . The classes that the lwt twins run in wera and ahrma are chocked full of very fast and competitive riders and with that said Frank de la renta has a very well set up CBR 500 for sale in your neck of the woods and those classes are somewhat better suited for new racers . You would have to look him up on facebook for details. I will see if I can get his contact if your interested

Superchikn996 likes this.
  8. Superchikn996

I saw a cb500 online someone had swapped a lot of other better Honda parts on, was pretty impressed by it.
    Unless I really advance my skills and physical conditioning I prob won't be racing even the geezer classes though.
    The 180 twins don't sound as good they would still get the job done

Buell1965 likes this.
  9. Buell1965

Frank's contact . 9544040642 in newnan GA. Honestly I think the classes that you can run with that bike may because better starting point and he really keeps his equipment top notch , after you get your race feet wet you can always get your money back . If I hadn't allready bought a thruxton to go along with my Ducati 900 in 2023 I would have bought it . He can meet you in close to your location

10. Buell1965

I think he just sent me some photos my text is 7066187808 as I suck at posting pictures here lol

11. Buell1965

E superstock for the CBR500 which is a great class for starting but I think this bike in question may have to many modifications as the CBR500 has to not exceed superstock rules to be eligible but I do think it would be eligible for clubman which is another great class for us older fellas and is where I will be running my thruxton here in the southeast . Good luck and get out there , and holler if I can help you in anyways

12. Chris Haze

Chris Haze Active Member

13. ksredleg

ksredleg Active Member

PM sent

14. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

PM sent

15. Mateo2Kings

Mateo2Kings Member

I'm selling 09 Daytona 675, it's a triple and I'm located in Huntsville, AL. Tons of spares and already track prep;d.

16. Crconnor18

Crconnor18 Well-Known Member