1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ccs/wera rules and regulations??? Help

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by Mathew p, Dec 12, 2022.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No it can't.

V8 MW, V8 HW, C Superbike, B Superbike, A Superbike and Formula 1 are all legal classes for it. Also Senior Superbike is the rider is over 40.

2. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

correct, but there are lots of riders in superstock classes with an aftermarket master cylinder. it's just not protested.
    so the rider can still ride superstock, but has a risk of being protested.

TurboBlew likes this.
  3. Mathew p

Mathew p Member

So my 08 has
    Brembo master
    Wrp sintered pads
    Andreani cartridge kit
    Ohlins shock
    Vortex rearsets
    Motion pro throttle
    Woodcraft zero offset 7 degree clip ons
    (I’m short and hated the reach with standard vortex clip ons)
    -1/+2 520 conversion is my standard gearing I use but I also have a 44 and a 43 tooth rear sprocket to switch from.
    driven captive spacers
    Captive rear caliper
    Two brother header to a hotbodies slip on.
    (two brother exhaust was a full exhaust but a low mount and I was dragging the muffler)
    DNA air filter
    Bauce racing flash
    Translogic quickshifter
    R&g case savers
    Gpr steering stabilizer
    Did about 20+ trackdays this year at nyst (season pass member and spent every weekend there) and looking at getting into racing. Does anything currently on my bike make me not class legal for vintage middle weight

4. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

you're legal for
    WERA: V8 MW (vintage middleweight) and V8 (vintage heavyweight).
    the GSXR would be C supersport and superbike, but you may be protested for the master cylinder in the supersport class.

CCS: for the GSXR, you have the Rookies Cup, GTU, Middleweight SuperSport, Superbike, and Grand Prix. As well as Heavyweight Supersport and SuperBike.

Mathew p likes this.
  5. Mathew p

Mathew p Member

Okay thank you.

6. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

your brembo master is only an issue for the WERA superstock class. lots of people with them run that class and just except that they may get DQ'd, but it's sort of looked the other way.
    after market masters are legal with CCS in all classes.

7. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

There were some notable changes as to how things were done at Homestead this month. (Starting lights. Timed qualifying during practice, gridded by overall time, meaning faster Amateurs were gridded in front of slower Experts, etc.)
    There might be further changes by February, so I would try to find the latest rulebook and go through everything. MotoAmerica seems to be a reference, so bear that in mind. (Flags: Are they going to go to no passing on standing yellow? Compare black/meatball flag definitions, etc.)

8. Mathew p

Mathew p Member

Do either organization have a rule about having helmet number stickers.

9. Itey

Itey Well-Known Member

WERA doesnt. Kind or a weird requirement. Anyone know who this head belongs to? Look at the number on the helmet weirdo.

10. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

there has been instances where helmets came off. plus it's one more way to identify a rider.

11. Itey

Itey Well-Known Member

How many instances have there been where multiple helmets have come off? Now Im interested.

12. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

there was one at NJMP like 1-2 years ago. was only one helmet though.

13. yuengling910

yuengling910 Loose Cannon

LRRS used to require it. I believe it is for situations where multiple riders are involved and become separated from their bikes. I don't believe WERA requires it.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No we do not.

15. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

CCS does. Doesnt have to be anythign fancy. Black marker on duct tape on both sides was fine. They just posted up the 2023 provisional rule book. Stuff probably will change.

16. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Jeez, forgot about that……ALWAYS RIDE THROUGH THE FIRST CORNER :D

17. Johnny B

And NEMRR requires it. Yes, it's because multi bike incidents with riders separated from their bikes can cause confusion. It has also been adapted by the USCRA. (When Grumpy Smurf questioned why we had the rule, I explained to him that we would need to identify him if he ever got decapitated.)

yuengling910 likes this.
  18. Rance Taylor

Rance Taylor Well-Known Member

CMRA requires it as well. Doesnt seem to be that big of a deal. Whats two more stickers? :D

19. Johnny B

More horsepower!

RichMangus and Rance Taylor like this.