1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Perhaps I misunderstood; one bedroom condos are generally not freestanding structures.

2. You are right, they aren’t. It was 2 different points. When I said I’d be happy in a one bedroom condo, I was referring to the house itself. Meaning I don’t need 3600sq/ft and 4 bedrooms. Houses like our current one are a waste for us.

But yes, that (neighbors) would be the only downside to that condo.

Because of that (neighbors making noise), we will likely end up in a house. But I don’t want it to be big. I’d be happy with 2000 sq/ft and 2 bedrooms, as long as the criteria I mentioned earlier is met.

3. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

Love my M7 Pro.
    Best AR I've owned.

4. Dude that’s awesome.

Fucking Santa didn’t leave me shit. :mad:

5. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

To be fair you didn't exactly leave Santa a lot of room to buy you stuff you don't already have.

Gorilla George likes this.
  6. :crackup:

But isn’t it his job to figure out shit I need and deliver it? :D

7. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Not if you're on the naughty list.

8. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

its "pretty" for sure and did make me shoot better but its a steep price for a pistol. Ill grab it from my bud and try it again one day and really put some rounds thru it as the first time was just couple mags and we were testing out quite a few new things. I do love the new springfield prodigy 1911, its slightly heavier compared to the staccato (which i like). Eventually id pick one up :)

9. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I’m not a 1911 or Glock anything fan. I’ve tried more than a few of each, too.

Regarding the 1911. I’m also thinking I’m not much of a .45 fan either. I won’t sell my P227 because it’s something they don’t make anymore, but I don’t really enjoy it.

Ive found recently my P320 XTen is a more fun big round gun to shoot. I cannot say it’s striker fire vs hammer fire, either. Last 3 times I’ve been to the range I’ve loved shooting my P226 Legion. Only thing I can think of that’s different is the round itself.

10. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

My wife and I have had the exact same conversation. LOL

11. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

i feel like everyone needs a hobby, i guess we can lump her thing in as a "hobby" also haha but ive never understood people that dont have one. Used to live with a dude that just didnt do shit. Nice guy and all but i found it odd as fuck

12. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

also

13. :crackup:

14. rogers1323

rogers1323 Well-Known Member

:mad:

I really wanted to be the one that got that from you at 25% of value...Had I only known...

15. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

anyone get a springfield prodigy yet? what barrel lenght did you go with and why? what cha think so far??

Phl218 likes this.
  16. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Shot both the 4.25 and the 5 inch. I think the 5 inch is way undersprung from the factory. Slightly less felt recoil, but felt that the 4.25 tracked better and was quicker. Now that USPSA seems to be heading towards having Limited Optics as a probationary class, I suspect you are going to see them everywhere. One nice thing is it's Springfield, while it is annoying if it happens. Their warranty repairs are pretty awesome. So just buy one, see if it works, if not, send it in and it will come back tuned right. Oracle Arms is touting a "2311" that uses P320 mags that is supposed to drop at Shot in a couple weeks as well.

sanee and Gorilla George like this.
  17. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Also, 2011's are notoriously finicky with mags. The ones I shot, the owner had stopped using the factory Springfield ones and was using a combination of STI and MBX mags. The MBX mags were the only ones that would feed JHP's every time, but he was still tinkering. If set and forget was the idea, I would probably look at the Bul Armory 2011 options personally. Harder to find, but my limited experience with them is they run betterish. Meaning, they will fire just about any 124g you can get regardless of bullet profile. But they aren't very good with 147's. Staccato's seem to have finally got their mags figured out, and likely to run more bullet profiles and weights from day 1, just cost more.

Not sure why Dan Wesson didn't make the DWX optics ready, though my understanding is the compact version is coming with a mount. I would guess they would release an optic full size model here shortly. I would be more inclined to go that route, or a TSO than any 2011 these days. Again, just my personal opinion. Grip feels better, you can easily adjust the weight and balance with aftermarket weighted grips and accuracy is a draw between them.

18. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

originally i would have gone with the longer barrel but after playing with at couple different stores i like the shorter barrel better. still have yet to shoot either one but will prob just buy one "soon"
    good to know about their warranty repairs :)

19. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

20. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'