1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on investing...

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Ah yeah, makes sense.

I’m thinking the same. I’m not gonna unass it (damn sure not at a loss). Even if it comes back to what I paid for it I will probably still let it ride.

I have to think it will be worth something in 10 years.

2. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

That's gonna leave a mark. :crackup::crackup::crackup:

4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I hear someone in another thread is looking for a new job.

5. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

[​IMG]

Sick burn bro :crackup:

6. Venom51

Sorry...that pitch was a little too down the middle to pass up swinging at it. :D

HPPT likes this.
  7. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

No no it was funny as shit! :crackup:I have to be able to laugh at myself and my ridiculousness sometimes!

8. auminer

Take some advice from my Uncle Fester...
    All dressed up in polyester...

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

9. auminer

Damn. Looks like Twerter cost Musk a shitload more than 44B. :eek:

[​IMG]

10. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Exposing widespread government and private sector corruption would be worth 44 of my 200 something odd billion net worth if it brought about change for the better…. Just trying to put myself in his thought process… not stating my own political beliefs

11. Venom51

Most of that was overvalued anyway. Tesla stock is where Tesla stock should rightly be.

12. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

If I was going to spend $44 Billion to expose corruption, I would have had a better plan, better PR, and probably made different choices. But its his money to lose.

For $44B, you could have bought CBS and a couple of radio networks, along with a few hundred newspapers.

BigBird likes this.
  13. Venom51

For just a couple billion he probably could have bought himself a president or maybe just about 10% of his total expenditure.

14. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

all of which have been slowing fading into irrelevance.

15. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

But collectively still reach many more US folks than Twitter.

16. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

fify

17. auminer

Nah. PEG is barely under 1, so, theoretically yes, but I don't trust 'G' values of ~30 as being sustainable.

Exhaustive 45 second research session on yahoo finance says maybe dip a toe in at 75 if you really want to play with a class delta fire.

I'm too old to take chances with big money. Maybe throw a couple grand at something like Tesla or Rivian or Dutch Brothers, but keep the real cheddar in blue chips.

BigBird likes this.
  18. auminer

Bummer. First year in the red since '08. Finished with -6.25% compared to the S&P at -19.44%.

Woulda-coulda-shoulda cashed in the WBD that spun out of T and plowed it back into pretty much anything else and it (woulda-coulda-shoulda) been a + year.

Biggest holdings going into '23: T, PSLV and physical silver bullion, WBD. Got an eye on taking a position in MP.

T is on the road to recovery from a decade plus of mismanagement and forays into areas they had no business messing with.
    WBD is my sunk cost fallacy albatross; I'm holding it until AAPL or AMZN buys it for the library.
    PSLV and silver: it's the most undervalued commodity on the planet.
    MP is the west's biggest supplier of rare earths.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Is RIVN looking good yet? I said some time back that I would start taking a look at $25 but I am now thinking $15 is within reach. :D

auminer likes this.
  20. auminer

I'm pondering some play money. I think that my T dividend pays soon. I might put it on RIVN.

Or I might get a playboy and huff some glue. I can't afford hookerz and blow..