1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is why

Discussion in 'General' started by ChemGuy, Dec 18, 2022.

1. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

2. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

I always do, except when I have to pee...

Turbulence happens, no matter what you are doing.

YamahaRick likes this.
  3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I fell right out of my seat one time. And we were still sitting on the tarmac.

Steeltoe, BigBird, Circacee and 3 others like this.
  4. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

One time the Stew was serving from her little cart. We hit a violent air pocket and she went about 3 feet in the air and 6 feet down the aisle...cart and all. Landed a 10 point landing and kept serving as if nothing at all happened. I was in the middle of that, I never did get my coffee.....

Phl218 likes this.
  5. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Turbulence is awesome. The first time I motorboated a Dutch chick, I was fifteen and we were someone over the North Atlantic. Hit a massive air pocket while this poor KLM girl was walking down the aisle checking on passengers. She ended up right in front and on top of me. I don’t think she got hurt, but that made my whole year.

Always go for the aisle seats.

Jedb, brex, cha0s#242 and 3 others like this.
  6. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

I think they are talking about the bouncy plane kind not the alcoholic drink kind (https://bevvy.co/cocktail/turbulence/lul )...

Sabre699 likes this.
  7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

The worst turbulence I've hit recently was on one of those regional jets flying from NJ to OH. Nice sunny day and barely a cloud in the sky. Fortunately I was buckled in and I just remember having a protein bar in one hand and a Red Bull in the other on each side of the armrest. It felt like the plane just dropped out from under us and I remember my arms going up to nearly straight vertical lol.

I managed to not spill my Redbull.

GM GIXXER and ChemGuy like this.
  8. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Buddy hit some wake on downwind today in atl that knocked the AP off. Must have been a good bump

I’ve got 3 legs today. 1 more Pf then two PM

Gino230 and ChemGuy like this.
  9. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Was on a flight once and we hit some really serious turbulence, the plane was bouncing around and shaking, just so happens that I was watching the movie Apollo 13 and this occurred during the re-entry scene, sure made it life like.

10. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Flying out of Montrose years ago. The climb out was a spiral to altitude and in turbulence the entire climb. I was not a happy camper. This was a couple of weeks after the Ebersole crash. A Spanish speaking woman next to me seemed to be reciting the Rosary the whole time.

11. This shits gonna happen to me at some point. I hate wearing the damn seatbelt.

I’ve had some bad turbulence several times but nothing that brought me out of my seat.

12. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

My cousin Walter was on a plane to New Mexico when all of the sudden they hit some bad turbulence. The plane started spinning around, going out of control, so he decides it's all over and whips it out and starts beating it right there. So all the other passengers take a cue from him and they start whipping it out and beating like mad. So all the passengers are beating off, plummeting to their certain doom, when all of the sudden, snap! The plane rights itself and it land safely and everyone puts their pieces or, whatever, you know, away and deboard. No one mentions the phenomenon to anyone else.

Gino230, tl1098, cha0s#242 and 2 others like this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You haven't had bad turbulence. :D

My brother was telling me about a seriously bumpy flight into London once during which he and the white lady next to him ended up holding each other until it landed. Then they said goodbye and went their separate ways. :crackup:

beac83 and ChemGuy like this.
  14. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

damn. I was getting ready to type that.

My favorite was out of Memphis to ATL. Sitting in the back...more motion back there....some older large black church ladies in the seats across the aisle. They were waving and fanning and lord have mercy, oh jesus, at every bump. It got a little spicy for a couple minutes and i cam soooo close to screaming ahhhhhh or weeeerrrrreee gannnnaaa diiiieeee...just to get them going even more.

But i didnt.

And thats when I realized I was a "grown up". :(:(

15. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I was on a flight coming into Jackson Hole with severe turbulence and ice. Everyone including the crew were buckled the entire flight. 1/2 the cabin was puking. The one that the pilot said 'nope just nope' on was we dropped 1000' and then the plane tried to roll over due to ice. We had to climb back up out of the hole (they had to over rev the plane to do it) and go all the way to SLC as all local airports closed after our attempt. Were greeted by an ambulance crew which I thought was extreme. Until the guy went down like a brick (heart attack which they saved him). Stewardess quit.

Now in case all y'all think I am a horrible wimp. Me and my brother started with hands up like a coaster (lots of hate from the passengers). Oh and Olympic gold medalist Tommy Mo was on the plane with us. He also had hands up and was laughing at us. By the time of the plummet EVERYONE was hanging on. On exit the copilot was white as a ghost as they said the exit spiel. I stopped and told the pilot "lucky you got us back" which he kind of looked like VERY. Then I added we voted we were going to eat you first, think the copilot threw up a bit in his mouth :crackup:.

Once home my brother has not flown since. Turbulence does not bother me at all, after that I figure worse and I should be checking the will, otherwise meh.

beac83 and ChemGuy like this.
  16. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Speaking of which, is Pete still trying to strangle you?

17. WillMill

WillMill CRA MN #633

Well did he…..???

ebastaard and pickled egg like this.
  18. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Jesus Christ Man, there's just some things you don't talk about in public.

pickled egg and WillMill like this.
  19. Yeah no nothing like that.

I’ve had shit hang around, stewardess stumbled and had to hold on, a few people made gasping noises, shit like that.

Nothing where anyone hit the ceiling.

And even if that did, it doesn’t warrant some stranger grabbing me and shit. They can fuck off with that.

20. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

[​IMG]

Gorilla George likes this.