1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on investing...

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

2. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

3. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

This is long as hell and probably boring to most of you, but had me laughing out loud at points. It's a Bloomberg article about FTX written by Matt Levin.

Attached Files:

• FTX.pdf
      File size:
      140.6 KB
      Views:
    Paddy O and YamahaRick like this.
  4. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Time the market? Thinking of pulling out if the Dow hits 35k which I think is very possible short term. I have a bad feeling that there will be a blood bath in the markets in 2023.

5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Very strong jobs report.

Great, right?!?

Not if you are hoping for that pivot.

Gotta love the "Good News is Bad News" psychology.

6. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Thing is, people that actually pay attention, know that vast swaths of Americans having to get a second job just to pay the bills isn't a good thing.

7. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Fed is going to pivot at least temporarily. Look at the inverted bond yields. they went too aggressive too fast. We’re heading toward a deep deep recession if they don’t turn back the dial on rates. I still think a decent recession is well underway… but it might make the difference between a recession and a depression. If I’m being honest I’d prefer a depression. I’m trying to take advantage of the downturn because I’m in a position to stay perfectly afloat during the suck.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2022
  8. auminer

Paying a guy 30 bucks an hour to scoop dog shit isn't a good thing, either.

Unless you are the guy, I suppose.

9. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

They didn't move anywhere near soon enough was the issue. They should have started raising rates in Oct 21. Unfortunately, the choice is recession now or run-away inflation and then a recession later. I will take the recession now. If they don't overshoot on the rates (they haven't yet), it shouldn't be that bad.

10. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

even the paisanos at Home Depot aren’t working for less than 30 an hour… like nigga fuck you! Lol

11. auminer

LA and Dallas are different labor markets. Even for Manuel Labor. :D

BigBird likes this.
  12. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

when Jerome Powell goes on television and says everything is fine all chipper like multiple times I hear echos of the 2008 crash. That foo is sweating.

R1M370 likes this.
  13. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Yeah, when the gov't and all the talking heads are telling you things are great, nothing to worry about you know damn well we're going in the shitter.

BigBird and R1M370 like this.
  14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Going in?

Sir, we are in the shitter and the powers-that-be are headed our way with a plunger.

Banditracer likes this.
  15. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

you just made me spit my coffee all over my dashboard and windshield fucker!! :crackup:
    With that being said I really hope they don’t go back to zero. That will be the end of the United States as we know it. The crash will usher in a new American Marxist age.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2022
  16. auminer

Driving and beebing??

You know a good body shop?

:D

Banditracer likes this.
  17. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

I know this hack ass ex con in the LA area who likes to think he knows about money and motorcycle racing. :D
    I’m stuck in traffic and have the autopilot set. I don’t beeb at speed.

18. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I thought you were commuting on a ninja 250 or that ugly ass Honda you posted about a few days ago?

19. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Haven’t bought a new bike yet. :(

20. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Well today wouldn’t be that fun on a bike anyway.