1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Damnit I need one.

2. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I use a hand held for scanning and can say it can get in the way. But I hate shit on my head so it’s a trade off.

3. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a new EDC. Really like the p365X-Macro. However, I'd like a manual safety. I know, I know......

High capacity like the Macro would be nice too.

Any suggestions?

4. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Nope, I talked to the guys in NH and told them not to sell to you.
    #nope
    #no_water_for_broome

:D

Last edited: Nov 30, 2022
    Gorilla George likes this.
  5. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

6. :D

I don’t even have any 10mm ammo.

I don’t hunt, so I have no need for one in the woods. And I’ve got a metric assload of .45 guns and ammo, and I can’t say a 10mm would do anything (for me) that they can’t do.

But I just want one because they are badass.

7. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I got that email and based on you bastards' review of the gun, I pulled the trigger. DANGIT, I don't need anymore handguns! Will shoot this some and see how it is compared to my hellcat. If I like it better, then I guess I'll have to buy a stinkin' holster for it too!

8. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

You might want to go ahead and plan your goodbye party for the hellcat lol

9. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Well, thing is, I've upgraded the trigger on it, and have practiced with it for a good thousand rounds. I KNOW the gun, using it is muscle memory. So, the Canik will have to be a special kind of special for me to switch it to my EDC. Plus, it'll also need to be small enough to pocket carry. Depending on how I'll carry, I have 4 different holsters for the Hellcat.

10. Tristan

I fail to see the issue here

Gorilla George and fastfreddie like this.
  11. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Could someone explain the dissatisfaction with the Hellcat? I recently acquired one. Before my first shot, an Apex Tactical trigger went in and Hogue universal group went onto it. I love the fact its a compact that has 15 rds. Help me to understand the hate?

12. speedluvn

What holsters do you opt for?

13. I wouldn’t say it is “hate”; there are just better options out there.

The Hellcat is crazy snappy and accuracy leaves something to desire.

It isn’t a bad gun per se. I just personally feel the little Canik and P365XL are miles better.

Triple X likes this.
  14. speedluvn

Im not being argumentative but could snappy be attributed to bullet choice? Accuracy was shyt on my 2 1/2 inch 357 SP101. I'm really loving the new 3 inch semi compacts. I must admit the Shield 2.0 was creating a new level of Broom-itis for me with one magazine with 7 rounds and the other with 8 or 9. Thats was some annoying shyt! I realized that most of the compacts aren't hard to get.

15. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I have an Sig P227 in .45 that’s my only .45. I’ll take it and the 10mm to the range for an hour and shoot them. I’ll provide you my thoughts afterwards.

16. It’s possible someone might can tweak their own loads, or play with aftermarket parts, etc and get better results.

But I’ve tried everything from 147g down to the 90g fluted rounds, and when comparing any of them back-to-back with other guns, the others shoot better.

Again, not saying the Hellcat is bad. I keep the Hellcat OSP in my gym bag. Nothing wrong with it per se, I just like the others better.

StaccatoFan, RonR and speedluvn like this.
  17. Tristan

Got tired of waiting on a local deal on a TX22 and ordered one. Went for the "Competition" model. Found a FFL 10 minutes from here that only charges $10 for transfers.

Triple X, Gorilla George and Clay like this.
  18. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I've never found the hellcat snappy, but it's also what I know. I have several others but I rarely ever shoot them.

19. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

yeah carrying the gun, tripod sometimes, and keeping the scanner up while trying to walk in the dark and keep and eye on the hogs is a pain. It works but I'm thinking it would be much easier with a helmet. If I can sell my hogster I'll go ahead and order the Iray Micro. Right now I'm using the hogster as a handheld scanner/ back up rifle scope. Ideally I'd like to keep it but I don't need three thermals