1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. No worries, will do. I got a shipping confirmation so the 4" Canik should be there soon. I will take it and the little Canik, plus the P365XL and G43X to the range at the same time. Ill spend all morning there so I can put about 500 rounds through all of them and give some good feedback.

The best shooting EDC is by far the P365XL; it is by far the most accurate with tight groups at 15 yards.

I zero my EDC optics at 15 yards. I know a lot of people use 20 or even 25 yards, but i personally choose 15. I don't have the stats, but I would be willing to bet most EDC encounters happen in the range of 1-10 yards. And I have measured the longest 2 straight line-of-sight points in my house, and they are 15 yards. It would be hard (in court) to justify a self-defense shooting beyond 15 yards unless it was to stop an active shooting in the mall or something. Beyond 15 yards with a 3-4" barrel gun, the inherent inaccuracy is going to be outside the error margin of the 15-yard zero'ed red dot anyway.

So anyway, back to the differences.

The little Canik feels best in my hand. It feels like a mid-size or even full size gun, but is EDCable. However it is thicker. It isn't as easy to EDC.

The Hellcat is by far the least accurate, especially with follow up shots. It *can* be relatively accurate (especially in the 8-12yrd range) but it requires a lot more time and focus. Outside of 15 yards, I wouldn't bet my life on its accuracy. I am sure I could hit a torso, but I can't guarantee I could hit the magical threat-ending spots with the first round. And because it is so damn snappy, I also can't guarantee the accuracy of rapid fire follow shots.

I think I could easily get away with EDCing a 4+" gun if I was comfortable with appendix carry. No matter how my shirts fit up top, they are always loose around my waist. But I just dont like appendix carry. I find it uncomfortable, and I dont like the idea of a gun constantly pointing at my junk. :crackup:

RonR likes this.
  2. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Sonsabitches dropped it to $331 for Cyber gunday...
    Also have cci blazer brass 9mm for $248/1000 shipped

3. Tristan

Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ruger 10/22 is always the proper answer :D

DaveB and Wingnut like this.
  5. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

It's competing with you, whether you know it or not. :D

And it's competing for the win. :crackup:

Gorilla George likes this.
  6. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

7. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Picked up the .22 thanks!

8. Tristan

I was hoping for a holiday deal on a TX22 Competition, no such luck.

9. Tristan

10. Steak Travis

Anyone shot an m&p ar 10?

11. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

No, but I want one. Was on the fence 2 years ago between a m&p-10 and a Windham. I procrastinated on both and lost out on both:( The SFAR is still so new, the m&p seems a safer bet

12. Steak Travis

They got one at the shop for $900. The SFAR looks better but the MP surprised me.

13. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

900 for the m&p? I’d be all over it.

14. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

You could have gotten in on the Aero black Friday sale and gotten a complete Aero AR10 for right around a grand. Don't know if they're still doing that for cyber monday or not.

Edit: still going. Just need a stock of your choice.
    [​IMG]

15. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

After firing a few rounds with my C308 this past weekend, I'm selling it. Too raw. It's a brutal rifle. I'd just as soon get an M1A. It's the classic 308.

Triple X likes this.
  16. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

I really enjoy my M1A.

rd400racer likes this.
  17. Steak Travis

Have y’all put a scope on the m1a? Do you have to have a cheek rest if so?

18. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

First stop is the car dealership.

fastfreddie likes this.