1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

I just snagged a MoonSwatch Venus in Vegas Swatcb store. Gonna be in Tel Aviv tomorrow see what I can find at that store. Kinda fun tracking em down. Lol

Jedb likes this.
  2. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Tel Aviv was a success!
    The two Saturn and Earth are spoken for to friends. @Boman Forklift has first dibs on Mars.
    Sun and Jupiter I might let go, Not sure yet , but if someone is interested let me know.

E78A4EF9-9B13-4B6C-99A4-266272C77EE5.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 4, 2022
    bwhip and thrak410 like this.
  3. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Did they make you come back day after day or were they just like "fuck it buy as many as you'd like"?

DucatiBomber likes this.
  4. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Nice.
    I finally got one yesterday, a Mars. They had a few more, but no Moon :(, at the boutique in King of Prussia, PA.

Jedb likes this.
  5. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

The first two I had to buy then get back in line then they let me buy the other 4.

The line was only about 6 deep . Whole process only took me about 45 minutes

6. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

No Moon or Mercury here either. Neptune is out forever. I think they may have gotten a few moon and stashed them to the side but I’m not sure.

7. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Sent you a note about the Sun.

8. ChemGuy

So I did a thing today in Tokyo today...

[​IMG]

I blame the great exchange rate for this.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2022
    Phl218, wera313, Seiko and 6 others like this.
  9. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Congrats! I love mine. It’s my daily driver and I’m not easy on stuff and it still looks great.

10. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

11. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

I have that same watch! My FIL left it to me.

ChemGuy likes this.
  12. ChemGuy

Which one are you looking for? I will try to get to swatch store in Tokyo tomorrow or Friday.

13. ChemGuy

Thanks guys. I have wanted a Polar Explorer II for a long time. I really like this reference and I couldnt be helped when the exchange rate gave it a ~30% "discount" to market price and as a foreigner leaving I dont pay VAT, another 8%.

I kind of got lucky that the Seiko Presage GMT I had posted earlier wasnt in the store. About 30 min later I ran into this little fella in a small watch shop in Nakano Broadway. I was there to look at...well everything...but I knew there were some nice Tudor Black Bay GMT's. So then you can rationalize spending so much money like...why buy the Tudor and a couple more when you really want the Polar and its cheaper in USD terms than you will ever see again.

Also if any of you watch nuts ever get to Tokyo take a train to Nakano, use the north exit and you walk right into a shopping area that is covered. Keep walking and to the Nakano Broadway building, go inside and up to the 3rd floor. So many watch stores....Rolexes, JLC, AP, Omega, Seiko, GS, Etc....New and used.

14. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

@ChemGuy If I had a choice of them all, Pluto - Earth - Mars - Jupiter

ChemGuy likes this.
  15. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Sorry no sold one to @Jedb and another to WERA racer (Mike Leek)

Boman Forklift, ClemsonsR6 and Jedb like this.
  16. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

NemesisR6 likes this.
  17. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

That's awesome. Still overpriced for a 38mm Khaki that they'll make as many as they can sell, but if they're anything like the 42mm the price will come down pretty quickly.

I didn't pay anything close to retail for my Murph last year.

It is a fantastic watch though, and Intersteller still finds it way into my viewing scheule a few times a year......

18. ChemGuy

Where is this grail timex?

pics or it didn’t happen.

19. ChemGuy

I got a mars you can have for cost and shipping if you want.

They only these, Venus and sun

20. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

@ChemGuy The ones I like the most are Mercury, Saturn and Neptune, if you have any of those?