1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

Speaking of (and especially since you already know where to go) my brother is coming back down in mid Dec - between the two of us, we can put 4 different barrel size Caniks in your hands (you can shoot them as much as you want). Don't know if I'll have the baby Canik by then, but the triggers are pretty universal and there will be tp9 and Mete's so you also will get an idea of the different ergos (they're slight, but they make a difference). Totally up to you, but an open invite.

RonR and Gorilla George like this.
  2. motorkas

They are insanely good guns for the price point - it's only a matter of time until they start going up. Still genuinely in shock they cost what they do. . .hope all is well man with you and Alex:)

Gorilla George likes this.
  3. motorkas

Where does the water go that it's pulling out - is it like room dehumidifiers where you have to empty the water out? And thanks man!!!

4. motorkas

I thought you'd like that. . .:D. Oh yeah, for the animal lover in you. . .:D

5. motorkas

I'm a cross between GG and RonR when it comes to defensive triggers v precision triggers. Defensive, I honestly care more about the reset than the pull - I want it as short as possible for the follow up shot and that's where the Canik really shines. When I did drills where it was close up and as fast as you can go, I had problems with the P07 (wouldn't fire because I was pulling the trigger before it reset) - and even with the curved shoe on the METE vs the straight shoe on the METE PRO - the curved shoe, it wouldnt fire because when I was going as fast as I could, my finger was on the top of the shoe and wouldnt engage the trigger safety - it's the reason there's a straight shoe now on the regular METE. GG is dead on with the transition from DA to SA, and and totally agree with RonR that is a good idea to have some additional safeties built it - it's different for everybody, but for me, just like GG, I would use the Hellcat if I had to, but if I get a choice, going with the Canik.

6. motorkas

you the fucking man!!!!:timeforabeer:

Loving the info in the last couple of pages - going to use the bulk ones for the ammo cans since I have them - how can you tell when those are full?

7. motorkas

The only caveat I would put on that is with subs/PCCs - The scorpions have shit triggers and even with lighter springs are shit triggers, the stribogs are fantastic, and with the lighter springs are glorious - about 3.5 pounds and you can go to work with them. The AKV with the ALG trigger is about 2lbs and that's too light - I have to put a note on it to remember how light the trigger is but I would definitely use (and prefer) the stribog trigger and wouldn't hesitate to use it for defense (it's the one by my bed).

8. Holdup, is all of that just to own a gun? :confused:

9. I would have been fucked in that scenario.

When I saw him casually walking up with his tail wagging, I would have been like "What's up buddy, come here" and would have tried to play with him. Then next thing I know, im getting eaten. :crackup:

10. It doesn't pull water from the air (so there is nothing to empty/maintain), it basically warms and circulates the air, preventing humidity from occurring in the first place. You plug it in and forget about it.

This one is like mine. I didnt get mine from Amazon and I dont think it is the same brand. I got mine from the gun store. But it looks like this (and I keep Amazon open in a different tab all the time, so it was the easiest way to show you what im talking about. :D).

Amazon.com: PEET, SafeKeeping Dryer and Dehumidifier for Gun Safes and Cabinets : Home & Kitchen

11. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

No, permit to bear an arm/ carry. However we do have to get a license to be able to purchase, rent or be gifted a pistol. Rifle and shotgun is cash, background and carry, same day for most but more and more are getting “delayed approvals”

12. Well shit, I couldnt help it.

I just grabbed a Canik METE SF with the 4" barrel off Gunbroker. :D

I believe it accepts the Trijicon RMR CC directly on the slide, with no plate needed.

Razr likes this.
  13. Ah ok I gotcha.

My CCW permit wasn't too big of a deal, but I did have to go take a class and get the certification.

That is no longer the case though. TN is now a "Constitutional Carry" state. I can't remember when it changed; I think last year. Or maybe the year before that.

14. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Yeah we had to do a class that was a couple days between classroom time and qualifying on the range. No chance in hell will MD ever go Const.Carry. They hate that document as it is. Anyhow……..the nice thing once the MD permit comes in is I’ll be covered for most of us below “the line” besides Florida, and I won’t go over the northern line anymore besides going to York bb, but from what I’m learning it’s very easy to get a non resident pa permit within a couple days with a Md permit. I’m not ready for a Tennessee move just yet…….15 years 11 months, but who’s counting :D

15. :D

The TN CCW had a range requirement also. Prior to going Const. Carry, the reciprocity for the TN CCW license was great. It was accepted in over 40 states because the criteria to get it was pretty strict. And the states it isn't accepted in are places I would never visit anyway.

16. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Definitely!
    PM me and it can be a potluck range day. I have a few I haven’t shot in years.

17. After watching some vids of the Canik Mete SF 4.1", it looks like it might be a little big for EDC. It seems to be about Glock 19 size (on videos at least).

Oh well, ive already bought it. I will use it for something.

I might can EDC during the winter when im wearing a jacket.

18. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

If you don't like it, I'm sure there's a"gym bag"you can throw it in.
    I'll bet GG has enough arms and ammo to supply the military of a small country just in his gym bags :D I can hear it...."sorry guys there's so many varieties of guns and ammo, it's all I got"

Last edited: Nov 16, 2022
  19. Oh for sure, there will be somewhere I can stash it. :D

I went ahead and ordered a Trijicon RMRcc for it. I am looking forward to shooting it. I know it will be good.

20. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

DUDE!
    Leave some for the rest of us.