1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2023 | Pre-Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Nov 7, 2022.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

Testing Starts tomorrow, 11/8. Riders are probably nursing some serious hangovers today. Smart move pushing testing a day

[​IMG]

Boman Forklift and Yzasserina like this.
  2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

What??? A motorcycle thread?

:crackup: Can't wait.

tl1098 and BigBird like this.
  3. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Wonder what Ducati is bringing for ‘23?

They may be best served by refinements vice wholesale changes.

Honda - start over (baffling how they continue with a bike that loses front end that way). Chassis, electronics?

KTM - little bit of everything. Perhaps new chassis is move in right direction?

Aprilia - similar to KTM, need to tie it all together

Yamaha - top end without screwing up rideability. At least for Fabio. No idea why nobody else can even ride bike competitively.

Suzuki - RIP

Last edited: Nov 7, 2022
  4. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

More bikes:crackup:

5. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

What really will be that different? I would be surprised if much engine work was really done. These teams should be looking at 2024 engines with the "renewable fuel" spec coming at them.

Chassis, suspension, aero - sure.

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

Yamaha hired some F1 engine builder, so we'll see how that works for the Yamaha and how much of the sweet cornering speed gets sacrificed. They in reality, should have just bought Suzuki, but probably not for sale, seppuku and all that

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Never happen but I wonder how the KTM motor would do in a Suzuki chassis. Yeah, it’s not plug and play and the chassis engineers are most likely all in Japan but would a sweet handling chassis be the answer to getting those funky things needed to make it a winner?

or would it be another Honder? A born bad bike with too much HP that a improved frame and running gear just over over taxes?

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

First stop was probably Jorge Martin's trailer :crackup:

upload_2022-11-7_10-50-41.png

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

Also, Videopass renewals timing changed

2022 VideoPass Season
    Access: Nov 9, 2021 - Feb 10, 2023

10. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

So what does that mean? We have free access until feb10th, then they renew our accounts? Did you get an email about this?

I've been bracing for the credit card charge this time though. I always forget about it, and it's always a surprise kick in the balls. :D

BigBird and Circacee like this.
  11. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Enea vs Pecco is going to be awesome.

12. IL8APEX

IL8APEX Well-Known Member

^^^ I hope so. But a part of me thinks than Enea shows up and owns the joint.

I'm looking forward to so much about 2023, but I don't think much of it will show on Tuesday. Mostly looking forward to JM43 on KTM, AM93 on Ducati, and MO88 on Aprilia.

-T

lopitt85 and Dan Dubeau like this.
  13. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Where's @Venom51 ....he likes redheads!

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  14. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

I’ll just keep that cash in the wallet next year. Same for WSBK.

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

I got that from my account setting page. I too was looking for when the renewal took place to be like, what had happened was

16. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Thanks, I just check and mine says the same. Also only 119 euro next year. Was it not 139 last time? Here's hoping the euro keeps falling all winter :D.

17. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Mine says 139.99 euro for renewal.

BigBird likes this.
  18. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

A. Marquez, Oliveira, Fernandez, Mir, Rins, and I think Pol Espargaro are gonna be interesting next year. Fernandez has unlimited potential if the Ape comes good. Mir and Rins clout with MM may finally put HRC in a corner of producing results. Pol will be fast or trash.

19. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

So the bike development for Ducati is they made a great motor, needed a ling wheel base bike to make use of it, it turned like shit, they used aero to make smaller wheel base and still put power down, all the bikes are based around this strategy?

20. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Curious....in regards to the promotional pics of these riders on the MotoGP website, the current one is MM, Fabio, and Pecco standing close to each other while looking up, a 2023 ad. Do they just take a thousand pics of each rider in a bunch of different positions, or did they have these three pose for that pic? The last 2 weeks it was a pic of the point leaders face to face. I'm thinking they take a bunch of photos and then create their own pics based on the circumstance.