1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black or gray

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Jan 23, 2022.

?

Cayenne Turbo GT color

1. Black

71 vote(s)
    38.0%
  2. Gray

71 vote(s)
    38.0%
  3. Penis! (It’s funny again)

45 vote(s)
    24.1%
  1. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Y’all stop trying to talk him off the ledge. MotoGP is over and I need fireworks! :D

Gorilla George likes this.
  2. Eh, maybe. If you try REALLY hard you can find a "silver lining" on just about anything. But I still think it is bullshit. They have had 11 months to source an amp.

Sabre699 likes this.
  3. BigBird

BigBird blah

They did, but I'm sure on this list of chips, amp chips are on the low priority. I would hope things like MRI machines and such would be prioritized :)

Come on GG...you got this! Speak it like it doesn't exist. (i secretly hope it comes the day the day before the birthday, that would be some Thanksgiving Day)

Phl218 and Gorilla George like this.
  4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

#Porsche sucks.

5. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

When my company is worried about parts coming in from a supply chain, they send someone to the supplier who's whole purpose in life is to report out on how fast they are producing cogs. We have a strong ethos here for "Go and See".

I think a request to Porsche to do the same isn't unreasonable for the level of car you're buying.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Even though it might be 12 months?

7. I agree completely (and we do the exact same thing at my company when waiting on parts from vendors).

8. [​IMG]

Sabre699 likes this.
  9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

you can extend the terms usually. most can give 3 month extension courtesy, some even 6 months, possible could be even more depending if you are staying in brand and things like that.

HPPT likes this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I've only had one leased vehicle, which I actually had the opportunity to return early. So I didn't know how things are normally handled at the end of the term.

BigBird likes this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

In an auto? Weird. :D

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Disagree, crank is as easy as holding the up button and it's up as quick as reaching over and twisting the knob. Mute is the thumb on the phone call button, same again to unmute....

My right hand doesn't spend any time dicking around the console. It is used for controlling the vehicle, same for my left.

14. Yep. :D

But when I started driving, I learned on a standard and I just always kept that same hand position. Even if my right hand isnt doing anything, I am still driving with my left hand at 12.

If I get into some good corners and speed, where I am really having fun, I am still with my left hand at 12. I will grab the wheel with my right hand at maybe 4-5 o'clock, somewhere down on the bottom/right corner, just for some extra stability or control. But my left hand at 12 is still doing all the work.

I dont think I have ever grabbed the wheel at 10/2 or 9/3.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

My hand position varies depending the vehicle. Way too many different options of where my arms are comfy, where my hands fit and so on. Usual is left at 12 and right arm on the armrest with my hand around 5. But even that will vary all over the place especially on longer trips.

16. Yep, that is where mine will be too. Right arm on the armrest, and I might reach over and grab the wheel with it.

If is a really long trip I might shuffle around just to move, or I might even end up driving with my right hand on top. But it is very rare.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

When I drive the German dinner roll I usually control the radio and Imixtapeplayer via the center console near the shifter.

“you know there’s controls for all that on the steering wheel?”

“I guess, but there’s like 39 other buttons on the steering wheel and I don’t know what they do. Might turn on something I don’t want or open the trunk or who knows what. Plus the the console is where the heat shifter is on a manual and I like to pretend I still have a soul.”

BigBird and fastfreddie like this.
  18. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Apparently, I'm unfamiliar with the phone buttons on our vehicles. What can I say, I have little need for such devices? :D

19. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

12 o'clock is for stuntaz and pimps. I cringe when I see others doing it.

This is what I see them doing, even if this particular guy can't read a clock. :D
    (I wonder if he's okay or...) :eek:

20. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

That guy looks like he took a couple 'ludes.