Black or gray

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Jan 23, 2022.

?

Cayenne Turbo GT color

1. Black

71 vote(s)
    38.0%
  2. Gray

71 vote(s)
    38.0%
  3. Penis! (It’s funny again)

45 vote(s)
    24.1%
  1. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

How bout now??

2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I can't speak to Jerry's character, but...

Twilight Zone episode:
    Let's say a salesman, any salesman, works a charter boat for fishing. The charter promises to deliver big fish before noon or it's no charge. After noon, charges will apply.
    Some guy buys into the deal but the fish aren't biting and no one knows why. However, this guy has something on the line that's pulling really hard. It's a done deal if the fish can be delivered. The charter knows, from experience, it's not a deliverable fish. So, they adjust the drag, pay out a little slack (to buy some time), even toss in some chum to tint (pun intended) the waters at their cost to give the appearance of good will and wanting desperately to have this guy catch his fish. It's not yet noon.
    The charter has become the fisherman and the fish is the guy that thinks he has one on the line. He's gonna pay for what will likely be the equivalent of a big fish that's been bitten up by sharks all along the way. The guy is the fish. :eek:

Just some twisted levity of the situation. I'm trying not to imagine how pissed I'd be if I were in your shoes. My head would explode and there would be significant collateral damage.
    :timeforabeer:

I hope this old proverb comes true for you...
    Good things come to those who wait.

3. Ok, I had to read that a few times. And I am still not sure how it applies to my situation. :D

Nobody has anything to gain from this delay. They want to sell the car as much as I want to buy it.

And nobody had anything to gain by doing those things now (windows and ceramic coating) except for me. They are going to sell the car regardless. Them doing that stuff only benefitted me, because it meant I didnt have to wait till after taking delivery, which would have caused me to have to rent a car while those things were being done.

The dealership has been great, and they aren't playing any games. My problem is with the lack of communication from Porsche directly.

If there was someone my head could explode on, it would have already happened. There is nothing I can do about it, except send a complaint directly to Porsche about the lack of communication...which I am in the process of drafting right now.

BC, Boman Forklift and Phl218 like this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Got to do a few miles in an SQ8 and it was okay. Fast but kinda “meh” to me. I didn’t hammer on it, didn’t even put it in sport mode. Kinda a pain in the arse to get in and out of with the height and big stupid wheels.
    I can imagine that the RS Q was all the good with more of the bad.

I don’t know, the SQ5/ Q5 is a bit small but the Q7/ Q8 is a bit too large for me.

5. Then it sounds like you need a Cayenne Turbo GT too. :D

Want me to send you Jerry's contact info?

BigBird likes this.
  6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It's entirely possible that everyone downstream from the first link in the supply chain is dealing with the same issue if that first link doesn't have the answer. Then there is nothing any of them can do about it. They are probably as frustrated as you are albeit for different reasons.

By the way, lack of transparency to me is not "we don't know when it will be available." That's actually an answer. "It's coming soon" when you have no idea when it's coming is what I call lack of transparency.

And Porsche is not going to redesign and the retest an entire electrical system that decouples everything in less time than it takes for the damn parts to finally resume moving down the chain again. That's just an unreasonable expectation.

This is just a bad situation for everyone. It happens.

BigBird, Boman Forklift and Phl218 like this.
  7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I’m sure Jerry would love that. :crackup:

Nah, I’m considering either a Kia or a Toyota next. Don’t know, I also like the VW.

but that’s years away. I need to find something for the kid first. 16 mpg on the Mazda and $60 fill ups has her K cheapness running at 10. :D

BigBird and Gorilla George like this.
  8. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I know it doesn't matter much to you as you won't be keeping this thing long enough, but did your warranty date start the day you signed papers?
    Or will it start the day you take delivery?

9. To me, for a company this big, and something this expensive, "I don't know" is an unacceptable answer.

Somebody at Porsche has a list of all the required Burmester amps, and the chronological order in which the cars were built. They should be able to tell me something like "You are #7 on the list, and we typically get 3 amps per week".
    OR
    Somebody at Burmester knows how many Porsche amps are waiting on chips, and the chronological order in which those amps were requested, and how often they receive a shipment of chips.

They might not be able to give me an exact time of the day, but someone can find out something. I refuse to believe there is absolutely zero information out there.

I deal with parts constantly at my job, with lead times ranging from 5 days to 2.5 years. But at any given time, I can find out exactly where in the production/delivery/customs process every single one of those parts is. It might take some effort and several emails or messages to different people, but I can find out. All it takes is some effort and desire for knowledge on my part.

I find it hard to believe nobody at Porsche can do the same.

R1Racer99, Yzasserina and HPPT like this.
  10. It will start the day I take delivery. That is considered the "sale date" and the first day of the warranty.

brex likes this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It could be a lot worse. Imagine if the Jaguar was leased. I wonder what they do for people in that situation.

BC likes this.
  12. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I would imagine, not a darn thing. He would just continue to make the payments and buy down the value, in theory, creating more equity.

13. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

See every lease end become a sale instead of a return.

14. BC

BC Well-Known Member

You fuckstains need to keep the Jag out of your whore mouths.

HPPT, rd49 and Gorilla George like this.
  15. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

:crackup:

16. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

He's going to burn the fuel pump up before you get it anyway. :D

BC likes this.
  17. :crackup: :crackup:

18. That's a good question. Porsche has nothing to do with the Jag, and obviously wouldnt give a shit. And I am sure Jag would be the same about Porsche's issue. They would both probably have the thought "That isn't my problem".

I have never leased anything, so I don't know how it works. I would assume instead of returning it, they would let me just keep making the payment hold on to it longer. But OTOH, if there is a signed agreement with a stated return date, they might already have someone lined up waiting for it. So they might could tell me "Porsche's delays have no bearing on us, you need to return the car". I dunno.

19. In one of the videos I saw a feature that is going to be super fun. In the "Comfort" menu, there is a button you can press that will allow you to adjust the Passenger's seat from the Driver's seat. So I can press that button, then reach down to my seat controls, and it will actually move the wife's seat around. :crackup:

She is going to think the car is haunted. :D

Saiyan66 likes this.
  20. BigBird

BigBird blah

Be happy that they made the vehicle without the amp!

Imagine that they didn't create it, was like let's wait for this amp. And then you have to wait an additional 3-6 months. This is easy stuff. Think of it like not existing.

Thankfully you have another sweet ride to use in the meantime.