Black or gray

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Jan 23, 2022.

?

Cayenne Turbo GT color

1. Black

71 vote(s)
    38.0%
  2. Gray

71 vote(s)
    38.0%
  3. Penis! (It’s funny again)

45 vote(s)
    24.1%
  1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

What’s that? Did watch part of that GT3RS video and enjoyed it.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

A couple/few weeks ago, when I told you about my first car.

3. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Yeah, but your name isn't Chris Broome...

BigBird and Gorilla George like this.
  4. Phl218

Phl218 .

I’m with ya.

but they had to come up with something for heavy and high COG cars to remain “sporty” while still being comfy.

i am running thicker sway bars and a pretty stiff KW V3 in my RAudi so i am not seeing any tilt in corners but i wish it’d be a bit comfier every now and then

BigBird likes this.
  5. It is a trick your mind plays on you, and it has more to do with your overall level of happiness at that moment in time.

For example, if you had an enjoyable high school experience, and you hear a song from high school, it will throw your mind back to that happy time and you will like the song. Then at some point you may realize "This song actually sucks". It is because it was never about the song, it was about putting your mind back in that "happy place". The opposite is true if you had a bad high school experience (or childhood, or college, or marriage, etc).

It applies to vehicles, food, music, just about anything.

You can remember one of your first bikes and have the memory that it is the best thing ever. Then later down the road you realize "This bike isn't that good". It was never really about the bike; it was about the experience/enjoyment/excitement at the time. Same way "grandma's cherry pie" was never really THAT good, but you liked your grandma, so your mind tricks you into thinking the pie was a lot better than it really was.

6. For me, it is because my normal driving position is left hand at 12 o'clock, and right hand on the shifter. For me to use the steering wheel controls, I have to take my hand out of the normal position and make an effort to work them.

That's why I like all the buttons down by the shifter on the Porsche. That is where my right hand is sitting anyway.

7. This one is mine. Since I rest my hand there while driving, I upgraded to the bigger shift lever. It fits in the palm of my hand perfectly.

That is why (IMO) Porsche is the most fun car to build. There is an option to customize damn near everything you can think of. How many emblems are on the car, where they are placed, and their color (or you can remove all of them), type of headlight bulbs (round or square Matrix style) background color of the light assemblies, seat belts, seat stitching, background color of the Sport Chrono Clock, all kinds of shit.

It does kinda make it a little stressful, because you want it to be right and be happy with it. If you can’t customize it, then it is what it is. But if you can, there is always the worry that you might make a wrong decision.

02F928DB-46D0-4D29-BFC4-D4841FBC10AD.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 4, 2022
  8. BigBird

BigBird blah

so you're saying this cat has a better driving position than you

[​IMG]

Sabre699 and Gorilla George like this.
  9. :crackup:

Love that dude. haha

10. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

I'm fortunate to be an adult and still have my grandma make pies for me on a fairly consistent basis. I can attest that they are actually delicious and all other pies are inferior :)

11. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Yes, steering wheel controls are nice, convenient, etc., but when you want to mute, crank or kill the volume in just a moment's time, the buttons don't cut it.
    That's one advantage the knob has. Another may be that while you're down on the console dickin' around, the knob is right there so you don't have to bring your hand to the steering wheel then back down to the console to finish whatever dickin' around you were doin'.
    My use is heavily biased towards the knob when I want shit to happen now. The steering controls are meh, okay, so they're there, I'll use 'em...if I'm not doing anything else.
    You must be movin' pretty good with that shot! I see hubs, rims but no spokes. The calipers look as if they're mounted on the outboard side of the wheels. :D
    The background is zippin' along nicely as well...can't tell what track you're at.

BigBird likes this.
  12. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

The background blur is as much a function of the shutter speed as it is the vehicle speed, assuming the photographer is panning along with the vehicle.

13. brex

brex Well-Known Member

The knob on my steering wheel is one quick press to mute, piece of cake to scroll up as loud as you want.
    No need to move my hand off the steering wheel, the knob/wheel is right under the left thumb.

Sabre699 likes this.
  14. BigBird

BigBird blah

That is NJMP Lightning

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

So is Broome still doing visitation, or does he have actual custody now?

16. BigBird

BigBird blah

upload_2022-11-4_15-52-53.png

Gorilla George and Yzasserina like this.
  17. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

18. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

At this point, Black Beauty will have her new shoes before Broome has his amp. :(:D

Gorilla George and R Acree like this.
  19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

So you win.

20. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Lol, just in teasing Broome. I’m kind of surprised, and to be honest, a little disappointed he hasn’t darted over to Berlin to “ask” what the holdup is… snicker…

Gorilla George likes this.