1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just landed in Cincinnati for a wedding

Discussion in 'General' started by Boman Forklift, Nov 3, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Okay @Mongo and any others. I plan to try skyline chili, when I get a chance. Going to a 5pm wedding tomorrow and fly out Saturday at 2 pm so not a lot of opportunities.

Anything else I should try to do or see.

2. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Skyline for sure.
    Rhinegeist makes good beer.
    @eggfooyoung
    Knows more I'd venture for a short time frame.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Damn, dude. Haven't you had enough "wedding" recently?

Chill out!

:D

Though, I guess if you aren't paying for this one...

BigBird and Boman Forklift like this.
  4. Phl218

Phl218 .

@dobr24 to the red courtesy phone

5. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

White Castle and Wiedemann's six pack before boarding you'll have time....

tl1098 and rd400racer like this.
  6. Scott S.

Scott S. Well-Known Member

Get in touch. I'm in Cincy. PM

7. Boman Forklift

I’ve had whitecastle in Illinois or Missouri and the fact you recommend it means your beer recommendation is suspect. :D

Jedb, HPPT, beac83 and 4 others like this.
  8. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Geez, the poor bastard will have the shits for a week.
    Make sure your plane seat is near the crapper, Bo.

9. Boman Forklift

The age my kids are, there are lots of weddings. My daughter had been to probably 10 in the past 2 years.

This one was our next door neighbor for about 15 years and our kids grew up from about first grade through high school with them. Then dad took a job in Ohio and his daughter is getting married and my daughter is a bridesmaid.

Will be a great time.

BigBird and SuddenBraking like this.
  10. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

I don’t believe you because the nearest airport is in Kentucky.

that Belgian waffle place, the eagle for fried chicken.

11. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

There’s no fuckin way that stuff isn’t nasty, looking forward to an unbiased review.

I have a wedding this weekend too but it’s going to be a bunch of coworkers and will be a complete shitshow, should be a great time. Have fun!

12. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Where is the wedding? Get the Skyline chili, go to Rhinegeist for a beer on the rooftop if the weather’s nice, don’t go west of i75 if you can help it. I’d meet up and buy you a beer but I’m in Germany.

13. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Isn't there a couple cool bike shops? Downtown is nice, clean and friendly. You don't have a lot of spare time, and the chili/beer combo sounds more like a dare than anything. "Get to the nearest Skyline, hog down a couple bowls, slam some beers, hurry to the airport for a 4 hour flight home....what could go wrong!" There's the Creation Museum, never been there though.

14. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Gorilla George likes this.
  15. I have no idea, and I am scared to find out. :D

16. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I had White Castles last night...some of you all have delicate systems, they don't affect me whatsoever. As far as Cincy, go across the river to the Hofbrauhaus.

Phl218 and Boman Forklift like this.
  17. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

The key to Skyline being good is too use their hot sauce liberally. Squirt it straight under the mountain of cheese they put on whatever you ordered. 4-way is also better than 5 way because who needs two major starches on the plate.

18. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

OK. Someone needs to say it. Skyline Chili is just OK. Its average chili on pasta. There are surely better local places to try.

ungwaha and dave3593 like this.
  19. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Well, you don't have time for much and dinner tonight should be taken care of, so...

If you're staying downtown...

Definitely Skyline for lunch today. Get yourself to the Clifton location on the corner of Clifton and Ludlow. It's the oldest one in Cincinnati, and each one is a little different. None are bad, but some are better. This is a good one.
    Try a 3, 4 or 5 way depending on your taste. A coney too. As much as I love the habanero cheese, I'd recommend trying both with the traditional cheddar.

Like @cpettit said, Rhinegeist has a nice rooftop. Top Of The Park at The Phelps is another as is Lytle Park Hotel. The weather should be perfect for that tonight if you get free.

I'll be in Clifton with a gaggle of preteen girls at 5:00 tonight for the UC Women's volleyball game if you decide to forego the nuptials. :D