1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ASRA / CCS New Ownership

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Nov 2, 2022.

1. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Why would they? They have no use to own WERA. Anyone that is gonna feed to MA, is going to do so. 99% won't. No need for MA to buy a name, that isn't going to change who does and does not feed to them.

sbk1198 likes this.
  2. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

FWIW I'm kind of excited, and I hope it works out great. I am basically right in the middle of the CCS Midwest Series tracks and the WERA North Central series tracks. I'd like to race both series again. Motorcycle racing is fuckin cool.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

They're waiting for you to finance the deal. :D

4. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I'm grateful that Kevin Elliot kept it going for so long. I'm looking forward to the modernization of registration, though. Seems that the complainers are always using that as their main gripe. (Then they don't show up anyway.)

I think all of the tracks went up this year, VIR for example, motorcycle orgs just got flat out bid for the dates by the car folks. The clubs are getting the squeeze- god forbid they raise entry fees $5 they are accused of destroying racing- yet the track rental goes up 20%.

Enjoy it while it lasts, guys!

GixxerBlade, MELK-MAN and YamahaRick like this.
  5. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

But..but...synergy!

6. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Nothing to add except I used to mail my entries in for Moroso and all FL CCS races with a money order from the post office. One stop shop, money order, envelope, stamp! I remember calling Henry to make sure they got there, cut em close many times lol.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not sure, been a while since I last got info and it was around that 55k mark which is just too much that far off from enough racers to pay the bills.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's funny, we've looked at doing that, have plenty of access to code monkeys to get it all set up easily enough. However every single event we do I see the issues we catch manually be it the registrars answering questions about classes or the person doing input catching illegal machinery, duplicate entries (one rider entering tow classes that are on track at the same time) and getting all of those issues fixed before the grids even get printed makes the entire event run way way way smoother. If it were a track day where the rider can only enter the group they're in the membership in that would be totally different. Can't mess that up, when they can enter 25 plus classes it is a bit easier to have mistakes.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  9. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

If I recall, I think Evolve is still doing track days at VIR. Sure would be nice if one race org could get a weekend again.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It would be cool but I'd bet it won't happen. No clue why but it truly seems like VIR just doesn't want racing motorcycles there.

11. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

Just keep asking is all I ask for at this point.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We did/do. So far no luck.

mpusch likes this.
  13. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

it's a shame because NC Bike is not a suitable replacement for VIR. it's cheap to rent, but facilities and paddock are garbage.

noles19, sbk1198 and MELK-MAN like this.
  14. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

New bathrooms going in next few months.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  15. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I was told VIR offered Mother's Day Weekend (2nd week in May) and MA said no. I was also told the Car club that took the MA weekend offered double $$

MELK-MAN likes this.
  16. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

still unreliable power and PA. they dont provide trash barrels. pits is a 1/2 mile from pit in/out. pits is all un gravel.

sbk1198 and MELK-MAN like this.
  17. alan

alan Well-Known Member

And the track is just not safe...

18. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

there's a lot worse out there IMO... raced NC bike once (first time a race other than moto gladiator i think), with CCS little over 2 years ago. Mark, myself and Stefano went out and had air fence moved in front of the armco mid way through the lap before a big circular turn (there's a chicane added there now i saw on some recent onboard vid so bit safer but not sure i'd like it more this way). T1 after the long front straight has questionable run off.. some other spots are questionable.. but overall i've seen worse safety issues at some other tracks, but indeed. not a 10-of-10 for safety..

19. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Wages!

969, StaccatoFan and Banditracer like this.
  20. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

When I asked Kevin about it after he stopped going back to RA (last 2-3 years), he said the same thing....that every time he did go there, he lost close to $10k. Sucks, because it's one of the best race tracks in the country, which makes sense why it's so expensive.