1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GATLINBURG

Discussion in 'General' started by cav115, Nov 1, 2022.

1. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Any hot tips on activities in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge?

Ziplines, best hiking, food? go carts?

Just me and girlfriend.

2. R/T Performance

R/T Performance Well-Known Member

Big Rock dude ranch. horse back ridding and petting zoo. cool ride up the side of the mountain.

then of course moonshine samples

3. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

Don't. Unless you really like tourist hell. I said this the last time it was brought up here - picture Myrtle Beach but in the mountains.

4. Petting zoo!!!

RossK6 likes this.
  5. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Panama City in the Mountains.... You can have it... Get in the car and drive the Blue Ridge Parkway to VA.... It would be much better time spent....

418 likes this.
  6. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Dude....Dolly's already married!

7. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Rent a full auto toy at Buds Guns, Smoky Mountian Knife Works is cool too.

Gorilla George likes this.
  8. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

That's the place to go if you like pancakes.....every freakin corner had a pancake restaurant.

9. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

This. Everything else is a damn tourist trap. The Peddler Steakhouse might be worth checking out. Never been there myself, but others have told me it's nice. Harrah's over in Cherokee is a reasonable drive if ya like gambling.

There is the Pinball Museum there in Gatlinburg. It's pretty cool. Pay an entrance fee, then can play all kinds of old pinball machines and old-school video games.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2022
  10. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Go ride/drive the Dragon, it's not that far from Gatlinburg.
    Sightseeing in the mountains is very nice also.

11. malik ross

malik ross Waits for his asskicking.

See if you can find the fella that named his son Sue?

gixxernaut likes this.
  12. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Go visit Dale Walksler's Wheels Through Time Museum in Maggie Valley, N.C.

Phl218, TLR67 and Razr like this.
  13. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Can't believe the Dragon wasn't mentioned earlier.

14. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I just finished a project for a guy named Lynn, I wrote my proposal and invoice out to Len, he never told me any different, I saw it on his check.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  15. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

I never had any doubt what a talented gentleman and racer Lynn Miller was, and I'm sure still is.

16. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I can... the OP mentioned "girlfriend, ziplines, and go-carts". Don't forget the mini golf and Ripley's I can't believe I paid to get in here...

17. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

Anakeesta is pretty darn cool, particularly at night under the lights. Sometimes you need to purchase tickets in advance. www.anakeesta.com

Some good hikes and waterfall adventures in the vicinity, quite a bit more if you have time to traverse over to the NC side of the mountains. White water rafting as well, but again most of it will be about an hour away on the TN/NC border. The NOC has an outpost in downtown Gatlinburg, but their main base is about 90 minutes away in Bryson City.

Lots of vacation/destination restaurants, but The Local Goat is pretty good for a non-chain and locally owned restaurant.

Lots of moonshine, zip lines, mountain coasters, go karts, and people watching everywhere. Some of the horseback riding in the mountains can be disappointing if you’re experienced riding horses.

If you’re trying to see bears in the wild, Cades Cove always has a good chance. Although it can be overloaded with people at times. Elk are almost always visible over in Cherokee at the Oconaluftee Visitor Center.

FWIW - The region has a reputation of being the Red Neck Rivera of the mountains… and it’s certainly warrants some of it… but it’s a great location, beautiful mountains, and there’s a ton of things to do.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2022
  18. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Was literally just talking to the neighbors across the street who just got back from G'burg. She literally just said, it's the red neck of Myrtle Beach but in the mountains. LOL!

19. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Been awhile, but every time I’m in the area, I stop at the Mountain Valley Winery. Always get some Muscadine, and taste test their newest offerings.

https://mountainvalleywinery.com/