1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ride 4 PS5

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, Oct 30, 2022.

1. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

MotoGP 22 on PS5 looks amazing, but it’s stupid difficult so I’ve never really gotten into it. GT7 again looks great and I enjoy the driving because it’s not as difficult as iRacing, but I don’t understand how they still have you start races in last place, it’s just dumb.

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

I really only play online, so I don't bother too much with the other parts of the game. And probably because you can mod a car to be better than the AI, so you already have an advantage

That's super impressive, and on controller...damn!!

I have a rig, nothing too fancy, and the PS5 is only used for GT7. I was happy enough to get a 1:58+ after doing so doing so many laps to hopefully get the $1M credits, a mid 1:57 is probably the best I can do. You lapping so fast is truly amaze! I'll post a link in the youtube thread of how C races sometimes go. :\

3. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

Send me the PS5 to play it on! lol. I still have the last generation XBox. Maybe after christmas time I'll splurge and get with the times. The new stuff looks awesome.

4. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

I used to play Ride 4 on the new Xbox, along with MotoGP22, and the new WSBK game. However, I recently bought a SteamDeck and I play Ride4 on that mostly now. The SteamDeck thing rules, I play that shit while my wife drives us around, while on the plane, etc..

I mostly do the time trial stuff and rank myself against everyone else in the world. I'm currently Top 20 with an S600-699 rated bike at Donington Park. However, I am actually #2 in the world on full street tires, almost everyone else that far up is on full slicks. (I also use the full realism physics). On the Xbox I was top 5 at a few tracks for a really long time.. But I only play in the winter/cold months, so I got kicked down after a while. There are more PC players so landing in the top 100 at tracks means you're ripping. I usually run the S600-699, S700-799, Modern-RM600cc and Modern-RM1000cc. Now that it's getting colder I'm gunna be spinning laps a lot more on that shit.

BigBird likes this.
  5. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

6. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

hotnail and BigBird like this.
  7. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

My biggest problem with bike games is turning physics. It's like the pivot point is set at your waist instead of actually on the ground. So when you turn left, you and the bike rotate around an axis somewhere around your center, meaning if you turn left, your wheels move over to the right on the pavement. And from what I can tell, this new iteration of Ride has not fixed the problem, nor has any other bike game that I've seen.

If you don't believe me, get on a straight and get over to the very far edge of the track and get straightened up so you are riding perfectly straight along the edge then throw the bike hard bike towards the inside of the track. Your wheels will drop off the pavement initially.

BigBird likes this.
  8. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

I upgraded from the T300 RS GT w/ T-LCM pedals to the Fanatec GT DD w/load cell. I think at my skill level, the upgrade wasn't that necessary. But it's quieter.

So I get crazy motion sickness, but decided to get the new PS5 VR2 goggles for GT5. Should hopefully arrive soon

7 Ways to Avoid Motion Sickness in VR
    https://www.gtplanet.net/7-easy-ways-to-avoid-motion-sickness-in-vr/

Getting ready lol

upload_2023-2-24_7-3-25.png

10. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

I played Assetto Corsa in VR a few years ago. First VR experience and I thought it was really really awesome. I liked that I could look all the way through the turns naturally. One of my other pals took a turn after me and immediately had to stop after about 2-3 laps and leave the room to focus on NOT puking. lol

I still wanna get a nice race sim rig setup. All I really play is racing games, and maybe some other RPG type stuff like Fallout/Skyrim

BigBird likes this.
  11. BigBird

BigBird blah

I'm more like your pal, but one lap was good enough last time I tried lol

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

13. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Meh . Where the rider FOV ?

14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I don't have nor do I intend to get a VR headset, but I have to admit, this is pretty awesome looking

Screenshot 2024-04-08 at 9.05.51 PM.png