1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ask me about my El-Camino. Seriously

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Oct 28, 2022.

1. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

So I am pretty much done with my G-Body and honestly, while I love it, i have always lusted after the first gen 59-60.

Well, lucky for me, I found one in Alabama about 30 min from Barber.

Basically, its at the point where it needs to come ALL the way down for restoration, which I may get to in the next 20 years....... Or its kinda roached out, but can be put on the road within a month, needs pan, brake rebuild and clean carb.

I am thinking, that while I do the floor pans (which is necessary because youll fall through) that I should do the interior nice as fuck, like perfect and leave the exterior roached out (patina....) which I really like that look as well.....

Then..... If I get motivated, and actually restore it and hustle (1-2 years) itll be worth 100k..... But I am also not very good at selling shit.

sdg and Britt like this.
  2. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Pic? I agree that a roached out (patina) car can be pretty cool, especially with a supercharged LS based engine!

3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Pics dude.

4. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Will you be able to drive it without the Burmester amp installed?

Sudowoodo likes this.
  5. Robby-Bobby

D85EA8EF-8DEB-4606-A498-0F8C49564A07.jpeg

sdg likes this.
  6. Robby-Bobby

7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Nope...do the body also.

8. Robby-Bobby

So If I keep it patina, I am thinking the interior needs to be bright ass red and houndstooth or a plaid/red seat. Either that or green interior, but I am leaning towards red with red wheels.

9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

my buddy maintains one in a collection of some unique vehicles. It was their "test" mule... no VIN. Value is probably in 7 fig territory

10. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Looks perfect for a Rush sticker across the back window.

Wingnut and rd400racer like this.
  11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Now that's just mean.

brex likes this.
  12. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Nope got to have white wheels.

5axis, Phl218 and Sudowoodo like this.
  13. Sudowoodo

Sudowoodo Error 404: Skill not found

Damn that thing is fuckin cool. Patina outside and LS with a stupid big cam would be pretty gnarly.

14. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

What's the red truck next to it ?

15. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Nice car. You HAVE to go get it :D

Personally I'm over the patina thing on older cars. Maybe on old trucks it still looks good sometimes, but on cars I think they look better restored and painted. Perhaps you could restore and paint the front of that, and leave the back ready to party.

BigBird and rd400racer like this.
  16. Pride & Joy

Pride & Joy Well-Known Member

That car has WAY too much cool factor going for it to be left in a "patina" unfinished finish... ESPECIALLY, if you do the interior in red. Picking a color that highlights the chrome, body lines and bright red interior will lead to a vehicle that you, and everyone else can't stop admiring. Adding a cool drivetrain will only enhance the wow factor. Best of luck, I look forward to seeing the results of your efforts.

17. Robby-Bobby

You trying to get Broome to uppercut me? LOL not that he would like this, but I don't need that trouble.

Gorilla George likes this.
  18. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I like Derek's way at Vice Grip Garage / Road Worthy Rescues. Self tap some license plates, or floor pan patches in the floor. Throw some mexican blankets on it and drive it.

Mechanical...flush/fix/replace brakes tuff. Carb rebuild. Clean fuel system/add some filters. Oil change. Tranny service. Then send it.

kenessex likes this.
  19. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Don't forget to get it ceramic coated. Gotta protect that patina! :D

Gorilla George likes this.
  20. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Looks way meaner as is, don't paint it.

But then again, I was going to suggest luminescent shag for the interior, I could just be insincere......:D