1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MA 2023 Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by kenessex, Sep 29, 2022.

1. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Motoamerica on the same weekend as F1 at cota would be interesting. It seems they are exploring having motorcycles on the same weekend and it damn sure can't mean MotoGP.

evakat likes this.
  2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Wow, that might get me to go watch an F1 race live again. Although the fact they are coming to Vegas, and I seem to have many friends that have recently been turned onto F1 from the TV show, may get me there anyway.

noles19 and Dragginass like this.
  3. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

F1 blows.. Cars are too long, DRS sucks.

nlzmo400r, tl1098 and r6fast like this.
  4. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Yeah, I watched some of the race this weekend and it was an exercise in figuring out what pit strategy and tires and speed was going to win the day. It was tough to get into the spread out cars.

5. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

How would that work ? The cars are gonna put down some serious rubber , I wonder how that would effect the bikes on track.

6. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Not sure the manager of cota talked about it

7. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

You all really thing the F1 ownership would let some rinkydink(their view) motorcycle racing club run on the same track, in the same weekend, as their Grandiose Exemplar of Speed and Drama! ?

8. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

And the bikes would upstage the F1 racing. Cant have that.

Sudowoodo likes this.
  9. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Yes, the article / interview phrased it in a way that its just there for fans as a filler. Viewed the same way we view something like BTR or the old guy races. And hearing the response from Sean Bice it would be a one off event for Superbikes. I dont think it will generate much in terms of new viewers or fans given what happens when MA races with GP but I do think it could help generate a sponsor or two.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  10. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

That's what I was thinking. The snooty uppity ups of F1 aren't going to want any scurvy bike racers around. :crackup:

stk0308 likes this.
  11. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Even better than the superbikes would be to have the baggers thre, now that would be a contrast.

henry_carlson likes this.
  12. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Yea but isn't that about the only MA race that is probably more boring than a SBK race? With Cameron coming back, and Petersen having another year on his platform, maybe Gagne will get some competition?

badmoon692008 likes this.
  13. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I was mostly joking.
    I could only image some of the team principals faces when they saw one of those things oiling the track.

[​IMG]

Nathey, cBJr, ungwaha and 3 others like this.
  14. henry_carlson

15. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

16. henry_carlson

personally, i think they are just happy having the work lol

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Totally different focus between the schools too so can't see any competition type issues.

18. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Not a racetrack and will never be

19. drop

drop Well-Known Member

I watched the last show of pressure to rise, and seems the tytlers arent to happy with Chris U, and RRW, about them spewing out the mouth. Was interesting to watch.

20. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

So what is the deal with Tytler's? They are dumping PJ and Hector, both of whom got pretty good results this year, for Alexander and Beaubier? But the deal with Cam has yet to be confirmed? What about Travis? What about STK 1000? Are they trying to be the next Warhorse with respect to having rider loyalty?