1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another car thread. Wanting a sports car. Which one?

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, May 26, 2022.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I've never done ceramic, sounds like @BigBird and @Venom51 probably have. I've actually never paid for clear wrap either.

However, If I were buying a new car that nice, I would wrap it. For me, that expensive of a car would likely be a GT2/GT3/GT4, or a C8 Z06, or some fancy Ferrari/Lambo/Mclaren, and the wrap protects better versus ceramic IMO.

I think the ceramic coating, while offering protection, also keeps things from sticking and makes the wash process much easier, but I'm not certain?

Gorilla George likes this.
  2. Ah ok

I don’t wanna delay things even more.

Bruce likes this.
  3. The Jag has ceramic coating. It was a similar situation. It arrived while I was in Ghana and the dealer had it done before I picked it up.

I can’t complain. It still looks new and there are no chips (but that may just be luck).

And yeah, water beads off it like crazy.

4. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I bet the ceramic coating guy also does paint protection film.
    My car had both done at the same shop.

BigBird and Gorilla George like this.
  5. Can you see it?

Does it dull the finish in any way?

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Don't be that motherfucker.

(Just a general reminder. I'm not saying you should or should not wrap your car.)

7. My dealer probably already thinks I’m 18 different kinds of motherfuckers.

But what are you referring to by “that”?

Don’t be the dude that delays things?

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

even though "invisible", people like us can see it

9. Then I won’t like it. I’ll just stick with the ceramic and hope for the best.

10. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Just get a bunch of new cars now and save them until there aren't any new ice cars available. Then, when you want a new car, just break out one of the ones you have and drive it until you are tired of it. It is kinda like just going to the pantry to get a Pop Tart when you want one.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  11. Good call :crackup:

Then one day the wife will be like “I thought you wanted to retire at 50?”

And I’ll be like “Yeah, that’s fucked. But look in the garage!” :D

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Remember the story I told you about not taking the extra week and having regrets? That was the last line in it.

13. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Doesn't dull the finish at all, but when you know where the line is where it stops, you can see it. If you do the whole hood, you won't know it's there.

14. Ohhh yeah :crackup:

At this point I just want to see that it is right. I’ve been nervous as fuck all week.

First, because I don’t know what the exterior color will look like.

But mostly because I’m scared I might have missed something or checked a wrong box.

You know how you can change the Shift Knob, seatbelts, the color of the face on the SportChrono clock thing, the model designations, everything.

I’m terrified the fucking thing will show up with brown seatbelts or red seats or green dials or some shit.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I would sell my soul to the devil for white wheels on that car.

ChemGuy, Funkm05, Dan Dubeau and 2 others like this.
  16. Oh godamn :crackup:

I’d lose my shit so fucking hard.

17. Phl218

Phl218 .

someone find Broome's gym and do the plasti-dip thing while he's in there

Boman Forklift likes this.
  18. Boman Forklift

Ya know if enough of us donate I’m sure the dealer might allow some plastic dip white applications…..ya know…..just for fun. :crackup::blart::crackup:

HPPT and Phl218 like this.
  19. Boman Forklift

If I lived in Tennessee that shit would be going down and filmed for the beeb.

I’m about to get some of you guys to meet me in Tennessee.

He will never know when we are coming and every day on the way to play with the dogs, save the world at the range, go lift some dumbbells he will be in constant worry!!!

Lolol. I can’t wait…who is with me?

Lovette, hey Lovette, quit laughing so hard I think you might faint.

Funkm05 likes this.
  20. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

My Corvette has the whole front of the car clear wrapped and the rest of the car is ceramic coated . It was done by the local Ceramic Pro dealer. The wrap they used is ceramic coated on the outside of the film. The Jaguar is just ceramic coated on the whole car. I will never have a car that is not coated and or filmed. I work for these people now a couple of days a week. It even includes doing the wheels and the glass. Ceramic pro has a particular coating for the paint, wheels and glass. They start out by doing a paint correction to the car. It is as important as to who does the work as the product they use. They even have a coating for the interior and it is specific to leather or cloth.