1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World SBK | ROUND 09 | Pirelli Portuguese Round | 07 - 09 OCT

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Oct 4, 2022.

1. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

Good call...let's see if GG and Jake can improve tomorrow.

2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

3. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Lol, you checked your Recent Activity tab lately?

4. Boman Forklift

You are a dick!!!!! :D

And I love it!!!!!!:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

Last edited: Oct 8, 2022
  5. Used2befast

Looking at superpole and Race 1 Jake is still 2 seconds off the pace @ 1:42. Trap speed way down from the leaders @ 299 kmh versus Toprak/Rea/Bautista @ 314+kmh.

Not looking promising for top 15 spot:confused:

Gixxerguy855 and hotnail like this.
  6. Boman Forklift

Nope, but I come here while doing stuff at work, deliveries, phone calls, etc.. I do know I left Phoenix at midnight after Lenny's celebration of life, and drove all the way home and then into work and worked all day. During that drive it was on the Wera forum while going through the desert reading and driving, which is probably stupid, but the desert at night with no one on the road gets boring.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Might as well play videos. :D

8. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Good lord Linders, you haven't heard of Podcasts!!??

ebastaard likes this.
  9. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

Agreed. The first thing I looked at was top speed differentials. That’s just too big of a gap for Jake to make up lap after lap no matter how well he’s riding.

10. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

All the "Gagne's gonna whoop everyone's ass!!!!!" folks are getting their excuses lined up...

But seriously, I was hoping they would perform a little better. I'm optimistic tomorrow they'll be fighting for points.

drop likes this.
  11. Used2befast

Kinda curious how the other yamaha teams are squeezing the extra HP out of their bikes. Toprak was 316.8 kmh which even nipped the Kawasaki/Ducati. Tribal knowledge or some inside info that Attack isn't privy to?

hotnail likes this.
  12. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Yep! Hoping they gained some extra data and feel from the race to help with Sunday. We know Jake can go quick at the start and jump out, so hopefully that makes for a good showing in the superpole race. Then on to the feature race on Sunday.

I'm remaining optimistic.

13. prm

prm Well-Known Member

I thought he’d be ahead a couple of those guys, perhaps 15-16. As long as they progress through the weekend its all good.

14. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

Go Kayla!!![​IMG][​IMG]

JJJerry, RossK6, hotnail and 14 others like this.
  15. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

I kind of wonder, how much of the trap speed difference is due to horsepower and how much is due to better setup -> sooner on the gas?

What are the trap speeds compared to Nozane?

16. Boman Forklift

I think you know how I feel about most of those.
    I don't actually have a podcast app. I have listened to a couple motorcycle ones. The one from the Dave Emmit the motomatters guy is pretty good. I've listed to Bice and Carruthers a couple times and it babbles on way to much for me. My problem with podcasts and video's is all the fluff and bullshit I have to listen or watch to get to the good stuff. On a forum I can scroll through and grab it is small bits between phone calls while working with customers, collecting money, sales calls, or when I'm out delivering/picking up equipment and parts.

I obviously don't know. But think it has to me more setup, track and Pirelli knowledge, that lets the other teams carry more speed and get on the gas, harder and sooner. Sure maybe the WSBK builders make a fraction more power, but my impression is Stanboli is pretty sharp and can make the power, and I believe Jake is a good rider. Heck didn't Jake win the entire Red Bull Rookies cup championship in Europe?

Just getting the right combo together with the WSBK spec tires/gearbox/ and possibly there are some electronics differences?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2022
  17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Did you have something better to do besides watching the road? :D

18. Used2befast

Idk...even GG's trap speed was up there with top 5. I'm sure set up is important but being passed down the straights is gonna get old.

19. Boman Forklift

Yea read the forum, I have double vision so I can keep one eye on the road and one eye on the forum.:D

20. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

+1234567890

koth442 likes this.