1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

50th WERA Grand National Finals

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's that time again!

Basic info -

You can enter any class you entered during the 2022 Season in the WERA Sportsman Series at the GNF. If you would like to enter any of the Vintage or National Classes at the GNF you may do so since both series are done on a point based Championship and this is the final round in those two Series.

Riders with any valid current roadrace license may enter the AMA Road Race Grand Championship races.

Grids for the Formula 1 Expert, A Superbike Expert, and C Superbike Expert classes will be done from laptimes during the second round of practice Saturday morning. Grids for the Michelin/WERA Superbike, 600 Superbike Expert, AMA 1000 Superbike Expert and AMA 600 Superbike Expert classes will be done based on laptimes in the only round of practice Sunday morning. All other WERA races will be gridded based on your position in points, all other AMA RRGC classes will be gridded based on order of entry.

The weekend schedule is here - https://www.wera.com/pdfs/eventschedule/gnfsched2022.pdf

Entry fees for each of the three different series running at the GNF (Sportsman/Vintage, National Challenge, AMA RRGC) are as follows - 1st class is $150 pre ($170 post), 2nd and 3rd classes are $120 pre ($130 post) and all additional classes are $90 pre ($100 post). The entry count does reset for each series entered. Mini and Grom Cup will be $50 per entry and those can be entered at the track. Thursday practice will run all day and is $225 pre entry, $250 post entry. Transponder Rentals are $60 except for minis which is free for this event if that is your only race. Sportsman/Vintage Pre Entry will close at midnight eastern on October 16th, National Challenge and AMA RRGC Pre Entry will close at midnight eastern on October 17th. You can enter at the track as well – see the schedule for Registration times.

Gates will be opening between 5 and 6pm Wednesday. Parking will be in Lot C or Lot G, you will be directed at the stop sign by the museum. We will be getting the vendors in early so they will be parked in their own line. Once the gates do open please enter in the order in which you arrived. The racing will happen later in the weekend and there is no reason to start the event off being rude to your fellow riders by trying to cut in line. Gate fees for rider/crew will be $40. Rider/Crew bands will be sold Wednesday 5-11, Thursday 6am-11pm, Friday 6am-10pm, Saturday 6am-9pm, Sunday 6:30am-2:30pm.

We want to thank all the racers who have come out to an event in 2022 – we are happy to have been able to provide you with racing all across the US once more and we are looking forward to 2023 – think about bringing a friend to start racing and get them off the street if they are “really fast”. We will continue the discounts on the rider’s school and the first time licenses in 2023 in an effort to encourage riders to become racers!

Any questions please call us at 770-720-5010 or email [email protected] - or post here....

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  2. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Serious question, I haven't had a WERA license in a few years, but Ill be there helping a kid out, but say I decided to suit up, can I do everything there? Even renewals? And I guess most importantly, do I gotta go to Novice? I think its been since 2018 since I have road raced.... I am like 85% sure I wanna come race since I will be there!

3. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Do I need a WERA license to participate in the Endurance? All of the National classes are on Sunday, so if I haven't been to WERA this year, I can't race any of the Saturday classes, correct?

Thanks!

4. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

You can race a AMA class if it's on Saturday otherwise no

5. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

If you hold a Moto America license, I don't think you're eligible for the AMA races. Check with Ken Salliant at the AMA to be sure..

Gino230 and Waterboy like this.
  6. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Oh that is interesting

7. Tim_B730

Tim_B730 Active Member

AMA should be releasing a set of rules before GNF for the AMA races that will specify on who is/isn't eligible to race.

javyday likes this.
  8. yuengling910

yuengling910 Loose Cannon

Is Saturday all Sportsman races with the exceptions that are marked and Sunday all Nationals? I may bring an extra bike (MW) that I didn't race this year. So would i be eligible to race it in any of the appropriate classes on Sunday?

Thanks. Looking forward to the GNF.

9. yamageezer

yamageezer Well-Known Member

Trying with all my might to finally have the 88 FZR750 on the track, at least for the last race of the season ;-)

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  10. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Is there a Saturday practice-only option?

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes you can handle everything there. Hell no you cannot go back to Novice. :crackup:

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No WERA License requirement for Endurance this year (may change next year). You will need one to run the National Challenge classes but not the AMA classes. You can run some Vintage races Saturday if you've got a legal bike and I think I've got one AMA class running that day as well.

Gino230 likes this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ken already sent it to me, gimme a sec to find it.....

Attached Files:

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not showing how I like so here's the content -

To: All Competitors – 2022 AMA Road Race Grand
    Championship

Date: September 15, 2022

Subject: Eligibility of professionally licensed riders at 2022 AMA Road Race Grand
    Championship

AMA professionally licensed riders who either won a MotoAmerica event or finished in the
    top 10 in any MotoAmerica class standings in 2021 or 2022 are not eligible to compete in
    any AMA Road Race Grand Championship classes.

About the American Motorcyclist Association
    Founded in 1924, the AMA is a not-for-profit member-based association whose
    mission is to promote the motorcycle lifestyle and protect the future of motorcycling.
    As the world's largest motorcycling rights and event sanctioning organization, the
    AMA advocates for riders' interests at all levels of government and sanctions
    thousands of competition and recreational events every year. The AMA also
    provides money-saving discounts on products and services for its members.
    Through the AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame in Pickerington, Ohio, the AMA honors
    the heroes and heritage of motorcycling. For more information, visit
    www.americanmotorcyclist.com.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Essentially yes - although Vintage is Saturday too and ahs no requirement other than legality.

yuengling910 likes this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If you're entered in the Sunday classes you can practice Saturday. Part of why the pricing is as it is.

t11ravis likes this.
  17. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I don't want to go to Novice, just making sure I dont have to redo everything. LOL still not sure I am racing.
    Also, I feel like an IDIOT for asking, but neither of us have any points, So which days can we race? LOL

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You can run any National Challenge, AMA, or Vintage class you're legal for.

19. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

Anyone have a 400 I can borrow for ultw endurance? I'll split winnings if I do well.

20. yuengling910

yuengling910 Loose Cannon

1 more
    1 more question about this. Looking at the rulebook for V8, looks like an 09 R6 would be eligible for this class? So I would be able to race that as it is a Vintage class on Saturday? Thanks.