1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | Superbikes at Alabama | Barber Motorsports Park | Sep 23-25

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Sep 20, 2022.

1. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Getting started a little early I think......We should wait until the dregs of winter before bitching about how crappy last season was. :Poke:

2. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Curious. How do you designe a tire around a certain manufacture?

Boman Forklift likes this.
  3. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I hate the way weather is done now-a-days. At 49% chance of rain they show it dry and at 51% it's going to be a rain day. Grow a pair and just make a decision, stop with all the %'s just so you can never be wrong.

BigBird and mastermind like this.
  4. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

It's always 50/50, it's either going to rain or it's not going to rain.

Sudowoodo, YamahaRick and Shenanigans like this.
  5. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

im hoping for a reverse jinx

6. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

Not 100% the case that tires were built for Yamaha. Was told by several sources it just so happened a tuning fork team was "chosen" for all the pre-release testing for that tire.
    Obviously said team and rider(s) had miles and miles of advantages once it was made for "public consumption".
    If you remember, even the satellite R1 teams struggled once the new rear was imposed.
    Not as badly as the other brands, but still....

7. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I am not sure this is what happens.

But they develop a few different tires, use a team to test them and choose what they feel is best. Re iterate that and you end up with a tire that works really well for a certain bike.
    It may, or may not be good for other bikes.

Boman Forklift and 5axis like this.
  8. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

You build it to flatter the particular frame and/or power delivery of the model. Not all aluminum frames handle exactly the same, nor all 4 cylinder motors deliver power in the same exact way. Is my guess.

9. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

When I looked just before posting, Weather Channel was showing 56% chance of storms during the day, but they also change the forecast hourly. Now they are showing 24% with a "stray shower."

10. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

real question... what's the percentage split Brendan survives the international break?

11. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

He should have gone before the break but the financials are a problem.

henry_carlson likes this.
  12. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I know some people say that, and I maybe out in left field, but the Suzukis were sucking for awhile before that too. They had a nanosecond of glory when Tony supercharged their efforts and Roger started riding really well too as the team seemed to really click.

I just figured maybe the team was momentarily overachieving versus some conspiracy theory of Yamaha paying off Dunlop for a tire that would screw Suzuki.

That just seems too far fetched for me.

YamahaRick likes this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We have seriously up until last week had a forecast of 40% or better every single day for months, to the point it might have only been two but I really think it started in late May or early June. Literally every day, no exaggeration. Of those forecasted wet days we might have seen rain one out of 5.

mastermind likes this.
  14. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Just saw on the old FB that Herrin won’t be on a Ducati superbike after all. Reasons were given…well ok.

Dano711 likes this.
  15. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Yeah the PR on that is weird. "To focus on supersport" .....but why? Championship has been won.....

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  16. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

You don't. I would guess in those days many, many different development tires were in the que at Fort D in the UK. And some could be 500 GP tires or even WSBK, or TT tires. So, the boys here working in AMA Pro would say ship me x amount of A, B, C, D, and E to Buffalo and we will try them. Then Matt/Ben/Miguel/Doug/Anthony/Scott would say me likes the C or B! And they would give them to the team. But Ducati or Yamaha would say nope give me type A we like this one better. But then availability would suck, and some teams would be happy, and other team wouldn't be. So, there you have it.

17. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Don't think so

18. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Supposedly Josh posted a video somewhere where he was wheeling on a highway, the team didn’t like it so no superbike this weekend.

Dano711 and YamahaRick like this.
  19. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I think that was when they went front he 200/55 to the 200/60. The ride height and shape change was very different. So, I don't think it wasn't as much designed for one bike, but one team figured out a new link for the shock to account for the 7+mm added to the rear and the contact patch being bigger at mid corner.

Dano711 likes this.
  20. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

So, that was a real thing? I thought that was just internet trolls saying thats why. Hes posted a ton wheelie vids through this season.