1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

David and Goliath

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Sep 16, 2022.

1. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Something kinda cool about watching Ukraine kick Putin's ass. Politics aside score one for the underdog.

Does make me wonder why the world has been so afraid of Russia.

MELK-MAN and R1Racer99 like this.
  2. Christopher Graybosch

Christopher Graybosch Well-Known Member

Russia hasn’t dropped a big bomb..

dtalbott likes this.
  3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Christ.

4. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Oh now you gotta go and ruin a perfectly good thread with some religious stuff?

5. notbostrom

Agreed but aside from that their military is not turning out to be what the world thought

6. notbostrom

What?

7. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

Here’s to the underdogs and all the good guys that are involved even though they are “not involved”.

8. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

9. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

A massive money laundering operation

10. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

11. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

sad nearly the entire country had to be destroyed over it, but indeed.. most thought it would be over quick. in some ways, maybe it would have been better if so. But lets just hope Russia doesn't go off the cliff, and launch nukes.

12. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Russian military equipment has very rarely lived up to the hype. Years ago the MiG-29 was supposed to the feared fighter. Then we got to sit in them and operate them and we realized they had no chance in an actual large force operation. Nice thrust, good turns, but abysmal sensor integration and the pilot had no situational awareness. The odds of them ever getting to a visual fight to use that thrust or turning ability was very low.
    Then there is the ability to operate, and the Russians have proven completely unable to conduct combined arms operations. The US ability to combine air, land, sea, and space assets in a single operation is pretty unique.

MELK-MAN, Pride & Joy and hotnail like this.
  13. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

the underdog - like Vietnam and Afghanistan ? those underdogs too? i think the general rule is, no matter how strong a country appears vs another - war itself is not easy. same applies here.

mitch100, hotnail and britx303 like this.
  14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You forgot Papa in the title. You got me (at least when I was in trouble with my mom or talking with the polizei). You got Mongo. But what about papa? Ya’ll racists? Don’t like the French (but then again, who do)? Trying to piss someone off?

15. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Papa……?:D? upload_2022-9-17_11-13-47.jpeg

16. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Willing to bet that not many Russian soldiers are that keen on fighting a war against Ukraine. Russians and Ukrainians were historically extremely close nations that were divided by clever politics to benefit - well, you take a guess who is really benefitting from all this.

Kiev, at some point, was the capital of Russia, back then known as Kievskaya Rus'. Languages are extremely similar, and many Russian and Ukrainian families are a mix of the two nations.

The situation is very unfortunate, and I hate to see regular people suffer.

Senna, Sabre699, Pride & Joy and 2 others like this.
  17. notbostrom

Exactly why the sooner this is over the better. I can't even imagine how many years it will take to rebuild