1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I forgot they’re doing a Batman but that’s cool as fack. :up:

2. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

3. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

We are in NYC for a few days. I think I might possibly be able to buy an FP Journe in 2024. We met a rep from the boutique and had a great interaction.

We also bought two Moon Swatch’s. Going to try for more tomorrow after a visit to Lange. There is something wrong with me…

Boman Forklift likes this.
  4. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

i have a buddy in nyc but i doubt hes gonna pass by a swatch store. lucky you on the score

5. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

So u can’t want all those swatches with everything you have. You are buying them to pay the beeb forward, right? If so, I will take one, how much do I owe you. Lolol

SteveThompson likes this.
  6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

My brother bought a Yema 39mm diver. It’s a looker, no idea on its quality.

7. Jedb

French Brand, oddly Seiko owned
    In Houe movement, for what that actually means these days:
    https://calibercorner.com/yema-caliber-mbp1000/

8. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I love B&R. Never spilled out the cash to get one, but I always wanted one of their classic designs that made them famous. Truely vintage modern.

9. I’ve got a little fund waiting hoping the watch market crashes. If by end of year it doesn’t that money will go somewhere else. In 08 / 09 I snatched up $80k in watches and sold them off over next 5-7 years for an extremely healthy profit and I didn’t sell even one for over what market value was at the time. People were unloading watches to pay their bills like mad back then and I’m almost hoping for us all that was a once in a lifetime thing (economy wise).

10. Boman Forklift

I hear you, but I really hope it doesn’t get that bad again. I’m not positioned as well right now as I was then, and that one was hard to get through for my business. I was able to move into a smaller building and cut expenses.

This time around I’ve purchased a building, just bought 30 used forklifts (which could be a mistake) and have flooring payments for 15-20 new forklifts sitting in inventory.

Definitely not as lean as before.

11. Trust me I’m hoping it doesn’t either because I have a fair amount of $$$ in watches right now. I’ve sold off about 1/2 of what I had in the past year. I took what was my profit plus what would be fair interest (halos me invest in non watch stuff that once it’s in there it moves around but invested) and going to wait max 18 months.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  12. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Does anyone know where I can buy watch band bars? Amazon is flooded with the spring type but I’m looking for a solid bar with a male / female head that screws together .

TIA

13. SteveThompson

I needed a set for a Tissot and ended up buying them from Tissot. They were about 30 bucks. Ugh.

DucatiBomber likes this.
  14. Boman Forklift

15. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Found a vintage Rolex Oyster catalog while sorting more of dad's stuff. Internet says these can be valuable, but I'm clueless. It would have been from the late 60s/early 70s and acquired in Japan or Hong Kong.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Spooner and SteveThompson like this.
  16. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I’ve been wearing my explorer II on a NATO for a while now, and today I caught it on a handrail while running up my stairs. I didn’t think much of it but a short while later I realized that I had dislodged a spring bar and the watch was hanging by the remaining one.

I’m a little freaked out by the bar coming off and I think it’s because the Rolex spring bars have those little catches that can be pulled by the nylon. Does anyone have any experience with a different spring bar that is smooth, or even has a sleeve over the mechanical parts? Google hasn’t yielded much…

17. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Sounds like it's junk. I'll give you tree fiddy for it.

Pm me your paypal.for payment.

:D

JBraun likes this.
  18. Jedb

You could try the quick release spring bars?
    LINK

19. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

That’s interesting. I think I’ll order some and give them a look. Seems like you could just nip off the little knob and make it practically permanent

20. SteveThompson

JBraun and Jedb like this.