1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | Superbikes at Pittsburgh presented by LaRoche Aviation Services | Aug 19-21

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Aug 16, 2022.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

@HPPT

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I saw it the first time. I'm doing what you should have done with FBK.

tophyr likes this.
  3. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

4. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

5. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

I know. Comedy gold

6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

ProtestDeez... :)

7. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Stanboli with g97 levels of trolling -

8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Glad you said something. I don’t have Insta so I had to click a few times to see what you were talking about and would have missed it.

Senna likes this.
  9. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Jed and Gino230 like this.
  10. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

Bit of both. What "genius" says on the video is very probable... JH2 telling Bobby over and over... " no way that thing is legal".
    And knowing Lander's it's a privateer team on tight budget, prolly was hoping the funds weren't there for a rebuild or run out of time before NJ.
    But gotta remember lotsa folks involved with Rocco's efforts... from Tom H at Yamaha to JH4, etc. So the train is moving still.
    I was sitting beside Lander's pit box during race #1 and comment was heard ..." amazing what 2 clicks and that new rear spring can do ".
    So as we all know, goes deeper and wider than just the HP of the bike.

SundaySocial and Boman Forklift like this.
  11. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

If you are doing that, why put up twice the money to protest two different items? Just pick something fairly deep in the motor and be done.

12. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

Umm, isn't that what they did.... down to the transmission bearings.... ??

13. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Something specific you are referencing (time stamp mark?). I don't have an hour and 40 minutes to burn to listen to the entire thing

14. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Even though it's a professional paddock, there is always grumbling about other people's bikes not being legal. Not quite to FBK standards, but it is there. Personally, I think this was a strategic move to force a smaller budget team to split the cases on a good motor, for obvious reasons- the championship is on the line.

I don't have any inside info, but if you look at Rocco's lap times, he has always been able to match or exceed the fastest lap of the race- he just needed that last little bit of consistency from the start and of course, a track that favors the handling characteristics of the R6. It's not like he came out of nowhere.

Boman Forklift and Yama-saurus like this.
  15. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

43:30 is the best one imo

you ever listen to anything sped up? I like x1.5 or x2 playback speed for podcasts and things like this

grasshopper and kirk erlinger like this.
  16. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Ducati also paid to protest the cams. If you just wanted the tear down, why waste the protest money on the cams?

17. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

Even though the whole thing is worth a listen, start at 1:23 for the SS protest stuff.

grasshopper likes this.
  18. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Doesn't the team being protested have the option to have the engine sealed as long as they get torn down within 3 rounds? I've been digging thru the technical regulations and the team handbook, but can't find the regs on this topic. I know when the MA tech director decides to do a check, you have an option to get sealed, then have to do it within 3 rounds. Not sure if this applies for protests..

Boman Forklift likes this.
  19. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

I respect the Landers effort, but if you look back to 2021, how many times did they protest Tyler Scott's KTM? The protest system is there for a reason and it's part of racing. Accept it and move forward. Also, if that was a freshie engine, why can't you just throw gaskets at it and re-assemble? If cams and tranny bearings were the items being protested, I see no reason why the rotating crank assemble needed to be touched. Pulling the cams too easy, flip it upside down, split the cases and yank the tranny and the trans bearing are in view... 3-5 grand seems a stretch to me...