1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | Superbikes at Pittsburgh presented by LaRoche Aviation Services | Aug 19-21

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Aug 16, 2022.

1. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

That may be true but I can tell you up on spectator hill at the race I didn't hear any chuckles. Mostly awkward silence, a few groans, and a couple "what an idiot"s were heard though.

evakat and YamahaRick like this.
  2. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

No one (not any one!) thought ...
    "This is the 'image' we were working toward, for our professional series."

3. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I remember thinking the same thing. If it were Edward's, Rossi, Stoner...etc, it would be the highest level of commitment to win the race, or similar take.

I'm guessing it's the fact that it came out of his mouth during the on grid interview that makes it undesired. Maybe it would be viewed differently if he had disclosed it during a podcast interview or something after the fact.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  4. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

2022 pre race notes.

EMPTY the Bladder. FILL the Tank.

5. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

I can’t find the interview anywhere, he just said had to piss or what?

6. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

It’s the on grid interview right before the warm up lap.

Good or bad, I’ll say that guy creates a discussion :Pop:

pjzocc likes this.
  7. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I will say that I'd love to see another Duc on the grid. Josh can ride with the best in MA no doubt, but that bike has made him a weird lightning rod in that class. If we'd have seen Ty and Rocco up front early on, maybe his persona wouldn't seem so off putting this year.

8. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Hannah was out there trying to do her job and he made a mockery of her. Total disrespect and lack of class on his part. If the shoe was on the other hand and someone made a mockery of him trying to do his job I bet he’d get all pissy about it.

Or…wait… is that what Rocco did for 3 straight races?

Wonder if him treating Hannah like that goes back to him and KW having beefs.

9. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

All the personalities over the years in this sport, asking for people to stop being robots, and this is where we're going to make a stand? Sure, it was childish, but this is being blown out of proportion.

10. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

yep

11. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Its almost like narcissistic traits showing thru?

none of your business.jpg

12. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Elementary question, but why do riders need to be weighed after races? I can understand the bikes, but who’s hiding weight in their leathers?

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Need to make sure nobody *ahem* lost a lot of water weight after gridding up…

grasshopper, lopitt85 and pjzocc like this.
  14. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

There's a combined bike and rider minimum weight.

stk0308, Boman Forklift and pjzocc like this.
  15. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Is it a standard across the class? Some of the riders can be +/- 50# within a class.

16. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

We need that in Twins! :D Strap some weight to Blake and slow that kid down :crackup:

17. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

How much is 10lbs worth at the front of the field in terms of lap time?

18. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Put Gillim on a superbike and add weight to everyone else to match him.

Trainwreck likes this.
  19. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Wouldn't make much sense if it wasn't standard across the class, would it?

20. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

I have no problem with bike weight limits, but do have a problem with rider weight requirements. It's one of the few sports where being a little person (like DaveK), can gain you a natural advantage. (although some would say extra weight makes the bike handle better).