1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | Superbikes at Pittsburgh presented by LaRoche Aviation Services | Aug 19-21

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Aug 16, 2022.

1. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

And despite all that look who is sitting atop the points lead. :D

rapidzrx and Blammo like this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I can't see that being the case. The tires shouldn't need an entirely different chassis for the whole thing to work. If it doesn't work with Dunlops it wouldn't work with the others either - like the ZX10 back in the day. That thing wouldn't handle no matter what.

cav115 likes this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They'll win the championship too if Jake keeps logging DNFs

cav115 likes this.
  4. Christopher Graybosch

Christopher Graybosch Well-Known Member

It’s not the Dunlops

5. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

The Farrell built Kaws worked pretty well on brand P.
    My low talent self went ok on my Farrell prepped 08 6R with no front end issues that were common when running other brands.
    Sometime the old joke stands, lift up the gas cap and roll a new bike under.

G 97 likes this.
  6. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Its also not the rider. I have said it before and I'll say it again. The problem is the bike, in that it seems to only work within a very small window of track, tempuratures and grip. When they get it dialed in for a practice or Q session, if the conditions change for the next session or race, the bike is not going to be where it was. There is nothing the rider can do about that when the margin for error is so small. I think Petrucci is doing the best he can under the conditions he is in.

rapidzrx and 418 like this.
  7. 418

418 Expert #59

Enjoy the hate mail from the Ducatistas.

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

They’re too busy wildly gesticulating to be able to actually type anything. ;)

9. kenessex

Fuck them!!! Bunch of whiney little nut rubbing wanna be bitches. I don't care at all about them and their little red Eyetallion scooters. Facts is facts and the Dooocati V4 has never been a consistent winner at any level.

10. Itey

Itey Well-Known Member

He looked like he gave zero fucks last saturday passing 4 guys on the inside going into one on the brakes.

Gino230, Trainwreck, JJJerry and 3 others like this.
  11. Christopher Graybosch

I didn’t think it was Patru either, I always guessed it’s the bike. The bike seems finicky at all levels, but most do except the proven bikes that haven’t changed.
    I applaud Ducati in raising the stakes at every level, a few years ago we used to laugh at the 1099’s and 1199’s for how bad they were at top level racing. Those Italians are getting the last laugh now because their bikes are undoubtedly changing the industry. Can’t fault them for attempting innovation, but like everything Italian if you’re not exactly in the sweet spot the grapes are sour

Gino230 and rapidzrx like this.
  12. Christopher Graybosch

But the save by Wyman?

henry_carlson likes this.
  13. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Finally!! Someone with some real world Ducati super bike experience!

how was the feeling when you did the testing? How many laps did you get in?

StaccatoFan likes this.
  14. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I could be wrong, but hasn’t the Ducati V4 win the most MotoGp races the last few years?

granted, no championships, but their trophy case is probably fairly well stocked.

rapidzrx likes this.
  15. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

The post you quoted reads just as batshit crazy because Bautista would have had a WSBK ship if it wasn't for Bautista doing Bautista things and Redding made a good enough show of it, but I don't think anyone is talking about MotoGP up in hurr.

Boman Forklift, rcarson15 and cav115 like this.
  16. kenessex

To be honest, the bike felt really good in testing, but once I got into traffic and had to adjust some of my lines, I felt like the rear grip just wasn't there. I think I probably got a billion or so laps in, but it might have been a gazzilion. We would need to check with the team on that, I just ride the bike, we have people to keep track of the other stuff.
    How does it feel to be a nut rubber?:Poke:

17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Left or right?

[​IMG]

cav115 and StaccatoFan like this.
  18. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Yea you right that was a great move, i am still a bit skeptical that he has bought fully in and is pushing at 100%

19. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I have a V4.

I’m a Nut Rubber!!!!!

Whoooo hoooo!!!!

20. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

I'll agree with that, but it's eaxctly the wisdom of a seasoned Pro and knowing the bikes limits and riding to that limit.
    If the bike he's given maxes out at says Danilo's 65% ability , then he's smart not to push it beyond that knowing that particular race package can't handle more and end up expensive crashed art.

henry_carlson and 5axis like this.