1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

yamaha-deegan-cheated-at-loretta-it-looks-very-suspicious

Discussion in 'General' started by 5axis, Aug 11, 2022.

1. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

The S show.
    Fun with claiming rules.

henry_carlson likes this.
  2. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I saw stuff on Facebook about this and was wondering what the deal was. Not a good look for most of the people involved..

3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

meh... I could see why they have the rule but that kid is still fast.
    The claimer backed out anyways. And apparently racers show up flush with cash... like hundreds of thousands of dollars.

4. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Deegan and the other yahoo need an ass whooping for intimidating that kid like that

5. noles19

Backed out after they came with the pitchforks and 3foot screwdrivers.. it's a bad look for Yamaha and deegan etc and for the organization running the event where someone can follow the rules but get pressured out of it

6. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Its a really bad look if in fact the guy at yamaha really threatened to pull a franchise. Depending on the state, and the dealership, especially in Florida, that would get him completely fired and probably fucked!~!

MELK-MAN likes this.
  7. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Or you could be like Yosh back in the day, and damage the claimed parts before you hand them over.

Gino230, sdg, Rdrace42 and 2 others like this.
  8. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Hell, ever Honda did it, back in the day. So, I guess that's all right. *shrug*
    I've always felt claiming rules are worthless.

9. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

This could have been handled so much better. Simply get the two parties in a room and tell the claimers that Haiden wants to keep the bike as a souvenir of his amateur days and offer some other option to the claimer. By going the intimidation route, they give the appearance that they do indeed have something to hide. The AMA ordered the engine and electronics sealed and told Star Racing that they could change things out for the last moto, but everything that was on the bike at the end of the second moto had to be retained because it had to be equipped as it was when the bike was bought. It seems to be a consensus that while there may have been nothing illegal, there were "unobtanium" level parts that Star didn't want anyone seeing. That is the whole point behind the claiming rule, to make you afraid of having to surrender ultra high dollar parts for a pittance.
    It's the whole threatening a dealer's franchise by Yamaha that stinks the most to me, followed closely by Star Racing leaning on the kid who did the claim.

Quicktoy, dtalbott and backbone like this.
  10. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Getting a $60k+ bike for ~$18k seems like a deal...lol. Alledgedly the ECU is where the magic is.

noles19 likes this.
  11. G 97

G 97 Garth

Or just simply comply with the rules as stated.

12. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Everybody knew the rules so why cry about it. It kinda pisses me off that many of the other competitors were taunting them that evening.

I really wish they would have kept the damn bike.

Even in roadracing you get a bunch of dumbasses crying when someone get protested. There should be no crying, everyone knows the damn rules.

Quicktoy and Boman Forklift like this.
  13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Well, yeah. But trap speeds. C’mon man.

backbone likes this.
  14. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

It should be done anonymous. You go to the official with the check and bike number and the sanctioning body collects the bike. At the end of the event the person who claimed it can collect it, or collect it from the sanctioning body at a later date.

People will figure out who it was eventually but this would avoid some of the drama at the event and harassment.

Jefe, Quicktoy, rcarson15 and 8 others like this.
  15. 418

418 Expert #59

Shame on Yamaha. Holy shit.

backbone and dtalbott like this.
  16. noles19

I'd have kept the bike, hell after all the other shit that happened I'd have broke the bike down live on YouTube and aired everything out completely.

Pixelator, Jefe, turner38 and 5 others like this.
  17. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Been a Yamaha guy ever since I started riding, but their crap world wide is getting quite old.

backbone likes this.
  18. G 97

G 97 Garth

I like how the pod cast guy seemingly justifying Brian Deegans participation in the matter because you know he’s level headed and The Godfather or the general or whatever stoopid nickname he’s known as these days. complete BS. Deegan is a chump.

19. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Careful now, you might get kicked out of the flatbiller club

Pixelator, Jefe, RCjohn and 5 others like this.
  20. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Elaborate on this please.