1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica Riders at the Pitt Race N2/WERA National Endurance Series

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by Chip, Aug 9, 2022.

1. Chip

Chip Registered

See below:

Recently, we have received many inquiries about the upcoming N2/WERA endurance event at PittRace regarding race restrictions outlined in the MotoAmerica rulebook. As the rulebook states, "endurance race participation is not restricted." While this may seem obvious, the race practice conducted the day prior comes to question. Since the endurance race day schedule is quite compressed, N2 has elected to run a hybrid track day that also provides race practice groups for those participating in the endurance event. MotoAmerica riders are permitted to participate in the race practice groups, provided they participate in the endurance event on a motorcycle they will use to participate in the endurance event.

This issue has been discussed/reviewed with the staff at MotoAmerica.

Translation: If you are racing in MotoAmeirca at Pitt Race after the Endurance, you can race in Endurance, and you can practice on Friday, as long as you are riding the bike Friday that you will be racing in Endurance. You will NOT be legal to ride on Friday if you are NOT racing endurance and simply testing your MotoAmeirca race bike.

Short Answer....come race endurance and you will be fine for Friday and Saturday. The event is going to be HUGE.

Thanks!

Bburns912 and tawzx12r like this.
  2. Billy B

Billy B Old N Slow

Isn't Friday just an N2 track day, so whoever is signed up for the track day can ride whatever bike they want, regardless of the rest of the weekend? I'm signed up, but in intermediate because I don't have an expert license, and I'm planning to skip Saturday and race sprints on Sunday.

3. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

If you race in Moto America, they have rules on what/where/when you can run practice. The teams can't just practice all they want on the tracks they race at.

If you're not, then yes, you can run whatever/however you please :)

R/T Performance likes this.
  4. Billy B

Billy B Old N Slow

Ok got it, thanks

5. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Stupid ass rule and completely bass akwards.

They learn more/get more testing in an edurance race than any amount of practice or track day event.

Should be limited to 1 race practice (time framed) and 1 sprint race 12 laps or less.

6. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Except they’re not allowed to ride their MA bike.

7. Thunderace

Thunderace Well-Known Member

This is what I heard as well. If that's the case, how can Herrin ride the V2? If it's stock, does that make it ok?

8. Bburns912

Bburns912 Well-Known Member

The bike herrin is riding is not the bike he is racing next week. Just like all of the LWT guys.

9. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

It's a hsbk customer bike from what they said

10. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

Nothing says it can't have the same suspension… Just the Vin number must be different. lol.

11. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

You don't need an expert race license (or any race license) to be in "expert" at a track day. The OP's comments are only relevant to current MA pros running the endurance

12. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

If a rider has never run a track day with N2 before they do need an expert or professional race license to run in the expert group at an N2 track day. They would have to start in Intermediate (or Novice) and hope for a bump. I am guessing Expert will be full to bursting that day, so even if they get a "bump", they will probably have to ride Intermediate the rest of the day anyway.

mpusch likes this.
  13. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

I wonder if N2 is even running a Novice class on Friday. IIRC they ran two A groups and I last year, which made a lot of sense to me.

14. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Thanks for the clarification, I was speaking in general terms.

No matter how you slice it, the TD this friday will be a giant clusterfuck...sorry for anyone new to the track that has to run it.

15. mdhokie

mdhokie Well-Known Member

Gates opened at 6; we showed up at 6:30 and trucks are circling like vultures looking for parking spots. Anybody coming tomorrow will have to park out at the go kart place

mpusch likes this.
  16. Thunderace

Thunderace Well-Known Member

FYI, they ran 3 Advanced groups and Intermediate. The advanced groups were separated by bike size. It worked well except for all the red flags.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Majority weren't for anything major luckily. The riders in the two bad crashes are looking like they'll be okay as of now.

Monsterdood and TLR67 like this.