1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PIRC Endurance

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by regularguy, Jul 31, 2022.

1. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

So there was a rumor that HSBK was going to show up with Petrucci and Herrin. Jason Pridmore just mentioned during the Moto America coverage they are showing up on a Panigale V2.
    So, I just looked in the MA technical regulations and there it states endurance participation is not restricted.

1.18.2 Race restrictions
    a. Participation in AMA-sanctioned race events may take place at a circuit hosting a
    championship event up to seven (7) days preceding the first official practice day at that
    venue. Participation in non-AMA-sanctioned race events may only take place up to thirty
    (30) days preceding the first official practice day at that venue. Endurance race
    participation is not restricted.

The way I take this, they can't do the Friday track day, but they can participate in the endurance. This should be interesting...

Shenanigans likes this.
  2. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I can hear Petrucci already whining about "club racers".

Shenanigans likes this.
  3. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Makes me want to run endurance! Wow. Anyone need a LWT rider

ps Herrin also mentioned it directly in a post race interview and said he and Petrucci would be racing endurance on a V2 at Pitt Race.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
    evakat and FastByKids like this.
  4. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

BTW, the Friday track day/endurance practice is already sold out...

5. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

Still a few Intermediate spots left as of this morning ....

regularguy likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Could be fun, I'll obviously have to remind them to be nice.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  7. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Wish I could be there but I have a gravel handcycle race I committed to about 8 months ago. Team TBEX will be there though so the pros will have to contend with paras on LWT size bikes. We have made sure we have a para specific sticker easily seen on the back of the bike.

KneeDragger_c69 and wheelz96 like this.
  8. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

If they're not, I can make this happen. Just sayin... :)

Attached Files:

tawzx12r likes this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Lets be nice to start with at least :crackup:

10. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I’m going to hop in the TBEX pit and see if I can help out! Sorry I’ll miss you.

KneeDragger_c69 and 50Joe like this.
  11. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

We can always use a helping hand. I'll be at Road Atlanta and Barber rounds.

12. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Gravel handcycle race? Beyond badass.

50Joe likes this.
  13. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Racing the Steamboat Springs gravel race August 14th. I'm doing the Red course which is 60 miles and about 3800 ft elevation climbing all at 7000 ft elevation. Pretty psyched about it. It's a huge event.

voss555 and mpusch like this.
  14. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I converted a roadracing handcycle for gravel duty. It has it's off-road limitations but should perfect out there in Colorado. 30/46T chainrings and 11-46T cassette with Di2 shifting. Pic is from June. Doing some off-road trails in the low country with friends.
    upload_2022-8-2_22-35-35.png

rugbymook and exracer941 like this.
  15. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Did the HSBK entry ever materialize? I'm looking forward to the event anyways, but sharing the track with a MotoGP race winner would check a box off my list.

16. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

I don't think he will do much "sharing" of the track.

rcarson15 and mpusch like this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He won't have much choice :crackup:

noles19 likes this.
  18. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

going to be a full grid! Hopefully everyone has a bit of patience thru the esses.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I plan on having Sublet put the fear of god into everyone, if that doesn't seem to be working I'll have Evelyne go to the riders meeting and put the fear of mom into them....even Italians know better than to piss off gray haired moms. :D

evakat, exracer941, noles19 and 3 others like this.
  20. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

I don't know Evelene, but I'm getting this picture of her taking off a shoe and waving it at Petrucci.... "So help me Danilo!"