1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Washing Machine

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Aug 2, 2022.

1. voss555

voss555 Well-Known Member

Speed Queen

dobr24 and RRP like this.
  2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I don't care how fast she is when she is washing clothes.

3. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Not me. I'm in Ohio. You know, where it rains and shit.

4. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Bought our 10 years ago. Thing just keeps going and going and..... Amazing product at a great price. Went from our front load GE to a Speed Queen and never looked back, plus no more stank!

Once a Wanker.. and RRP like this.
  5. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

I also recommend speed queen. alternatives being anything top load and NOT high efficiency.

A. Barrister and RRP like this.
  6. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Our front load GE is still going strong after 10 years. No stink. Leave the door ajar for a bit to let it dry and run cleaner through it every 2 months. You can make your own cleaning solution for less money, but the Tide stuff works fine too, and you don't have to mess with mixing anything. With that said, don't buy GE as the circuit board failed twice in our GE dryer. First time was under warranty and second time we bought a new dryer instead of spending $350 to have the board replaced.

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

It’s certainly less exhausting than this thread. :D

R Acree likes this.
  8. Gigantor24

Gigantor24 Member

Another vote for speed queen. Just got my new set a few weeks ago and they are so much nicer.

Quick, no frills, mechanical. I should have gone this route 2 wash/dryer sets ago.

For the price I hope they last, I think they will

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Don't care who owns who. LG made in TN, Whirlpool is made all over the US. All I want is something she will be happy with that can be delivered Friday because I was out of town 12 days and I'm damn near out of clothes :crackup:

StaccatoFan and G 97 like this.
  11. tsflstb

tsflstb Well-Known Member

B4F5F66F-B6E0-470F-AB07-25A2259A041F.jpeg
    Mom swore by the wringer washer. It must have been used several times a week for 45 years.

She had the safety disabled on the wringer so it wouldn’t pop open and annoy her when thick denim jeans or children’s fingers ran through it.

backho likes this.
  12. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Speed Queen for the win

13. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Oh Damn I don’t think anyone wants Mongo roaming around “Commando”!!!!!

Or is the correct term “CoMongo”?

14. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

I know you want a front load, but (personally, I wouldn’t have one…door seal is just one more place to leak). I got a Maytag because I wanted a agitator, and most don’t have them anymore. Only came in white but fits nicely in the mud room.
    92DFB442-6DED-4243-BB8B-21705EA12E2F.jpeg CDD554BA-FB17-4752-8F42-CBAD7D8C6F35.jpeg

15. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

My brother, we have the Maytag commercial dryer. :flag:

G 97 likes this.
  16. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

That place needed cleaning up anyways. Who wants to swim with dead bodies?

17. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

We’ve got a large front loader by Kenmore. It’s been going strong for the last 8 years. We have lots of pets, so blankets, comforters, dog beds, etc. get washed regularly, along with 4 people’s clothes. I can’t recommend it enough to.
    I washed our king sized comforter a few times while I was in banned camp and it works great on big items like that.

18. backho

backho Well-Known Member

19. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I had a neighbor across the street years ago who seemed to always need to mow her lawn when I was mowing mine. She liked to mow in a bikini and she filled it out nicely.

20. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

I will never have another front load washing machine.