Chinese Radiators?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Sonny112, Aug 2, 2022.

1. Sonny112

Sonny112 Well-Known Member

Anyone have experience, good or bad, w/ the Chinese eBay radiators?

My 675r rad took a shit and a new OEM one is $650+; an eBay special is <$250.

Wondering if its worth the shot?

2. NOLAracer

NOLAracer Well-Known Member

I've used them for different bikes. Sometimes the mounting points are not exact and need a little engineering but they keep the bike cool like OEM

3. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I put one on my 650R. The passages were fewer and larger for the one I got. I ran it a while but went back to an OEM eventually. I was worried that the fewer and larger passages was not dumping the heat as well as OEM.

4. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

Is the original one repairable? Radiator repair shops aren't that expensive.

5. Sonny112

Took it to a local shop, they said it wasn't repairable.

6. bigkaley

bigkaley Well-Known Member

7. Sonny112

Thank you. I didn't see anything listed for Triumph on his site but I sent him a note to see what he may be able to do.

8. ibidu1

ibidu1 Well-Known Member

What is exactly wrong with your original radiator?

9. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

I bought one for my RZ350. It claimed more cooling like I wanted but took some mod to fit. It has kept the bike cooler and had been no problem for racing

10. Sonny112

Leaking someone in the fin area of the upper right side

11. ibidu1

ibidu1 Well-Known Member

I would take it to another radiator shop, maybe a small mom n pop place they should be able to repair, or block off a row, or crimp a row etc.

Also have you tried checking different ebay country sites? Like ebay uk, or ebay germany a place where these bikes are more popular.

12. Greg ZX6R

Greg ZX6R Well-Known Member

+1 They fixed leaks on my old ZX6 radiator on two occasions, and added bracing to the back. Total cost at the time was about $100.

13. consumer38

consumer38 Well-Known Member

I used one on an old gsxr. Chinese shit worked fine. I bought one advertised as no epoxy welded unit. Looks like an old school superbike rad.

14. Sonny112

I'll check out the foreign ebay specifically, but i think they may have been included in my original search.

Hopefully motorcycleradiators.com can fix it. I got a response from them and we'll see how that goes.

15. 10-15

10-15 Well-Known Member

Myler's did a great job repairing my 17' sv650 rad that took a lick. 99.00 bucks. Still holding up.