1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ohvale’s now available in the USA

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by gpstar748, Sep 1, 2018.

1. 2Big4Bike

2Big4Bike Well-Known Member

So...have you ever shoehorned a 4 stroke dirt bike motor into an RS50 chassis? If so, how big of one...125, 250, 450???:D

I'm just thinking about my next bad decision project. :confused:

Regards,
    Chad

2. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

Do these things chassis snap into pieces when they crash like the RS50s

3. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

The chassis crash very well.

4. Billy B

Billy B Old N Slow

For the guys who've ridden the Ohvales and a 150R or 85/105 motard, how do the two different style bikes compare? I have a KTM 105 with 17s I'm de-mothballing to get back out mini racing but curious how the Ohvale riding experience compares. My KTM has suspension work and at 6'0" I'm thinking the dirtbike's size might be a better match for me. I raced YSR50s for a bit and was really cramped on those.

5. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I think you would find the Ohvale tight. I putzed around a neighborhood on a GP0 and a 150R. I wouldn’t say the GP0 was uncomfortable at 5’11”, but I did find the cockpit way too cramped. 150R was a couch in comparison.

6. clarustnb

clarustnb Well-Known Member

Remember - there is a massive difference between the GP0 and the GP2. I'm 5'11" and I couldn't find the shifter on the GP0. I have a GP2 and once you get out on track, it's like a second nature. [I am quite flexible though, so that helps]

I don't have much experience on the 150R / 85/105 though, so can't help you there.

7. Mark woodlief

Mark woodlief Active Member

Well the best option is to ride what ever you can offered. The kayo is much bigger so it's a little bit easier to ride as far as handling.you can get a rear shock and fork springs. An Ohvale cost almost 3 times more. I have a kayo 150cc with a 190cc kit! best investment that I could afford!!

8. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

A GP2 outperforms a Kayo by every stretch in both performance and fit/finish.

Once you start doing the mods to a Kayo then the price difference becomes negligible as a GP2 retails for $6749.

9. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Allow me to help you make poor decisions by sharing a thought of my own. Instead of sticking a dirtbike engine in there, why not try to run the Daytona 190 engine? Other than trying to find one for sale, and the $1500 price tag plus carb and all the other things. But don't let that stop you from a good time.

10. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

The Daytona 190 IS a dirtbike engine, a puffed up amalgamation of a Honda 50, Wave 125 and KLX 110, just like the rest. They just happen to charge more, and actually put some of that towards more QC than some others.