1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lotus Emira

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, Aug 1, 2022.

1. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Where are Espirit values at?

ducnut likes this.
  2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

But nothing anyone says here has any impact...Got it.

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Boman Forklift likes this.
  4. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

it doesn’t. I was just confirming the hatorade

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Disagreement = Hate...that will be the epitaph for your generation.

tiggen, motion and cortezmachine like this.
  6. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

at no point did I ask anyones opinion about my finances. I presented a vehicle I was interested in purchasing as many other people have discussed on this motor sports forum in regards to vehicles and bikes without the same…. flavor of scrutiny.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
    ducnut and mpusch like this.
  7. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Beautiful car, buy it if you want it. Is it a good investment? Who knows and does it matter? Single bean chocolate and Wagyu ain't a good investment but I stock up on'em anyway as they make me happy.

Asking anything serious here is gonna bring out opinions. Lots of them.

younglion and Boman Forklift like this.
  8. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Love the styling.
    Off to watch Harry's video.

ducnut likes this.
  9. Raceless man

Raceless man Well-Known Member

I drive a Lotus 3/11 in Forza 7. I would buy another.

10. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

beginning of thread:
    You kind of asked if buying a Lotus is a good financial decision, then followed that up with stating it was going to be a good investment.

I think it's a cool car. I'm all for fun RWD manual shifting sports cars. However, stating that it's a good investment is absurd.

Boman Forklift and cortezmachine like this.
  11. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

fair enough. I took the bait. Though it may depreciate, in this new world of electric vehicles we’re going to be forced to live in…. I have an inkling vehicles like this will gain value over time or at least retain their value more than others.

12. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

If you want to get your money back on a car, then get an old pickup truck before 1970, restore that shit since you do body work, and use it as a daily driver in the meantime.

Then offload it and get another one.

If you have kids and aren't on track to some type of home ownership, then vehicle shopping for new shiny stuff that comes with big insurance bills and big plate bills should be pretty low on your priority list.

As the fed keeps jacking interest they'll slow the housing market, but there were a lot of cash buyers this time around, I don't expect it to nosedive. Maybe retract ehhh...25% but nobody really knows what direction this thing will go.

DucatiBomber likes this.
  13. Venom51

I wasn't baiting anyone. Just pointing out the facts of the matter in general. Buying a car that isn't going to be used to get work done is never a good financial decision. How bad of a decision requires factoring other things such as an individuals current financial position and depreciation rate on said car.

It wasn't a good idea when I did it either but if it burned to ground in the driveway tomorrow I'm not going into financial ruin over it.

14. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

You should see the amount of trailer parks around here that were bought by investment firms.

These hillbillies are paying double for their lot rent that they were paying less than 10 years ago.

15. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

tiny home parks are the future bruh. :crackup:

upload_2022-8-1_12-4-38.jpeg

upload_2022-8-1_12-4-56.jpeg

upload_2022-8-1_12-5-31.jpeg

16. Venom51

Nope...that's a Motel 6 with a higher price tag.

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Are you new here?

Sabre699 and cortezmachine like this.
  18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I made one stupid car buying decision back in 2005, but I went into it with both eyes wide open, and I was in my early 40's, so it was time to buy something I really wanted. I owned something like 13 homes at the time, sold one and bought this thing for 200K cash. Thrashed and tracked it for a couple years and sold it back to the guy I bought it from for 192, so all in all it was a great experience, except for when Mr. Tax Man was camped out in my office lobby for a week asking for the 60K I owed for the short term gains on that house sale. Don't regret any of it, but like I said, I already had other things taken care of before I bought it. I think they're worth 300+ now. My Porsche 911 purchases have always been a lot smarter and I've never been hurt on them. A Lotus sounds like a guarantee for failure, but you do what you want. I'm a huge believer in doing whatever the hell you want, as long as nobody else gets hurt.

And, no hate, just exasperation. I have someone else in my life who makes bad decisions, no matter how much lecturing and education she gets. Its super frustrating.

stradale2b.jpg

19. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

precisely

20. Venom51

You're not a lawyer are you?

Rico888 and vfrket like this.