1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lotus Emira

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, Aug 1, 2022.

1. rymerc

rymerc Well-Known Member

I really wanted one of these in BRG but the toyota v6 is kind of a buzzkill. Just isn't special, even though they did a pretty decent job making it sound more special than a rental-car camry.

Read about oil starvation issues on track and that killed it for me, since I only drive to trackdays or when it's pouring rain. Last I looked into them, a GT4 was a better buy.

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Fitting that the title of the thread posted by the beeb's biggest post whore is an anagram of 'OE! Mira slut!

3. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

“You have any good cars here?
    No, all we have is this Lotus, it’s not for driving, it’s just for looking through”

Ian178 and Sabre699 like this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I’m gonna buy a car made in England! What could go wrong?

5. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

The engine's not made by Brits !

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Remember the Sterling from way back? An English made Acura/ Honda from the late 80s or early 90s. The engine and Japanese parts worked great, the English parts fell off or broke. A dude I knew way back, his parents bought 2. :crackup:

but what do I know? I’ve had VWs since forever and I lust after Alfas. :D

ducnut and Boman Forklift like this.
  7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

You sound like a dumbass 22 year old knowitall. Go buy your 100K Lotus and continue pissing away money on rent. Hope you're stashing 40% for taxes. Hmmmm..... doesn't leave with you much left after taxes, even when starting with 200K. Oh that's right, your car payment will be more than your rent.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  8. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

totally. Lot of bitterness in your text. Wanna talk about why you (and others) are so inclined to just straight up hate on me so consistently? Obviously nothing any of you say about me has ANY effect on the way I go about my life. You don’t see me doing anything but me, I ain’t filling my brain capacity with negativity on another person. I wish you all do well, no matter what decision you privy us to here on the beeb.

:beer:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
  9. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

ey vato loco, Do it.

-a 32 year old homeowner with a 67 LS Swapped Stepside Chevy that everyone told me not to buy.

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

WTF? With all due respect, you went off on him for a simple question.

cav115 and Boman Forklift like this.
  11. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Notice I didn't say not to buy one. I just said what it is...just like any of the ones I own.

cortezmachine likes this.
  12. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

im not sure I qualify the post previous mine “a simple question”

13. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I call BS.

cortezmachine likes this.
  14. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Haha touché

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

In my world, "Cortez, do you own a home?" can be answered with a yes, or a no. Questions don't get any more simple than that.

16. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

You should know by now..... the beeb NEVER forgets.
    So are you a gangsta or an entrepreneur. It's all so confusing.

17. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I can do the math for someone about what this place was bought for...what it has cost in maintenance down to the nickel and I can guarantee you that number is far less than what it would sell for tomorrow. But then again I have the experience of owning and selling multiple homes to work from...others in fact do not.

18. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

fair enough. But let’s not pretend that isn’t where he was going with that question. Home ownership for the sake just that is a fools errand imho

mpusch likes this.
  19. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

I fail to see the distinction between the two….

Anyway… it’s a cool car. I want it.

peakpowersports likes this.
  20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I've owned several homes in the last 40 years. Never lost money on a single one. Then again, I never bought a the top of the market or in a bubble city. This is my experience, not my opinion. If you do not plan to stay in one place long, then rental may be a good option. One thing for sure, 100% of what you spend on rent is gone with 0% return. I'm not aware of many places, absent rent control, where renting is a better choice than buying, except in the aforementioned short term residency.

I'm not telling you to buy, but I think someone has given you less than stellar advice.

cav115 likes this.