1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kevin Schwantz

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Jul 24, 2022.

1. Shane Hucks

Shane Hucks Active Member

Awesome story, as I was there for that track day myself, Shane Hucks #880. I use to keep my bike up at Suzuki of Charlotte, as Mark worked on my bike there, and talked to Kevin a many times. He was always super nice, and just a normal dude. When we were on the track that day, I was rolling around with him for awhile, and was right on his tail section. We came around the last corner, and he snuck a peak at me, nodded his head, and pretty much disappeared in the next couple laps, lol.

On to Brad Coleman. He's still in the Shelby area, and we talk pretty regularly. Brad is an awesome dude, and still works on bikes on the side, and occasionally races a vintage Ducati with AHRMA.

Boman Forklift and pjzocc like this.
  2. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Glad someone else was there otherwise my story sounds made up! :D

Glad to hear Brad is still involved with the sport!

3. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

THE MAN treated me like family when I imposed on him for a photo at VIR a few years back.

RaceBlog0015d.jpg

Razr, YamahaRick and swissrcr like this.
  4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

It's so cool to hear all these awesome stories about my idol. Seems he really is amazing to everyone.

I remember when my wife and I were looking at houses in Lakeway, Tx, back in 91-92 timeframe, one that we looked at was supposedly previously owned by Kevin. Per the realtor, who didn't even know I was a motorcycle nut, but she just volunteered the info, while going over the house features. Right when my wife heard that, she said, 'oh no, we are in trouble now". It was too much for us at the time....LOL....I think it was under 200K.:crackup:

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I remember seeing him way back and briefly talking with him about an ancient rain race at TWS and giving him shit about whatever (we were on an FJ 1000 or 1100 or whatever) and he was on an fj 600 and laughing together about who knows what. Saw him a few years later when I went over to talk to Lee Acree and he remembered the conversation and asked about some shit I had NO involvement with ;) from the old ama days (snitches get stitches) and he talked like I had just seen him a week before.

I saw him wondering around at ama events where no one seemed to have a clue who he was.

The Goat!

6. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Brad is one of my best friends, we live close to each other

pjzocc likes this.
  7. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Brad will be making a return on a 92 gsxr750 soon, pretty sure it will be a WERA round

pjzocc likes this.
  8. Jeff McKinney

Jeff McKinney Well-Known Member

Found it odd that on Mladin's bike,his name was nowhere to be found.

9. Sixx22

Sixx22 Well-Known Member

I remember that race. It was way cool to be on the track with him!

FastByKids likes this.
  10. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

100% Even after the early fame, I think he just wanted to be a regular ole biker.

That's cool you knew him on a personal level.