1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days 2022

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Apr 12, 2022.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Jeff McKinney likes this.
  2. Mark Badillo

Mark Badillo Well-Known Member

Friday practice, here we go again. Bringing 2 bikes. Ride the morning sessions on the GP350 bike, surrender the tech sticker at lunch and ride the LWT bike in the afternoon session. Does this work, or will I need to pay 2 separate fees and run half the allotted time for each?

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That works fine for us. You're basically paying for a block of time, how you use it is up to you so long as we can enforce things relatively easy and that would be easy.

4. Mark Badillo

Thank you Mongo, made sense to me. See you at Mid Ohio.

5. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

You should have to buy me dinner since we can't give you money this weekend.:beer:

JJJerry likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You can always give me money :crackup:

7. Mark Badillo

Any Dunlop tire vendors this year?, Stickboy wont be there.

8. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

My plans are a little unsure so I should not preregister.

I ran VMD last year, have a current WERA license and a current AMA membership. If I go, I need to practice Friday. Will I be able to get in Mid Ohio Thursday (paying gate fees of course) and do WERA sign up first thing Friday morning?

Is the required ID number mentioned in the instructions the same as is on our current race license that says: ID#: 12345

Last edited: Jul 14, 2022
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You can't get in until 5pm Thursday without being pre entered - but you can definitely get in. Signing up at the track is no problem at all.

Yes, the ID number in the instructions means your WERA ID.

10. dave3593

Sounds good!

11. rwdfun

rwdfun

Will we be getting an emailed letter again about being preregistered? What is the earliest time of day we can get in Thursday? Or Wednesday?

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes you will - I'll send it out Tuesday at some point, you can take hard copy or on your phone to show the gate. Thursday at 9am gate 3.

13. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

This is my first VMD.

I will be bringing my toy hauler, will I be required to also pay the General Admission fee and or the camping pass fee to just stay in my toy hauler in the paddock?

14. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

You'll have to pay the event entry fee to get in ($70 iirc). No camping fee.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, everyone pays the gate fee. No camping fee if you're racing and staying in the paddock.

Keep a copy of the email I'll send tomorrow and/or your receipt either from pre entry or at the track. They will be policing the paddock to make sure you're racing. I don't want people being kicked out in the middle of the night but also don't want spectators getting in the paddock and camping either.

16. dave3593

Is it too late to enter WERA races so when I get to the gate I do not have to pay camping?

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Camping and gate have nothing to do with each other as far as our end of things. The only thing about pre entering is getting in before 5pm Thursday. The rest of it is normal stuff, pay the gate fee, come to the paddock and enter races at registration.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Email went out this morning to all pre entered riders - if you did not get it then email me and I'll resend it. You will need it to get in prior to 5pm Thursday. If you're not getting there until after 5pm Thursday ignore all of this :D

19. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

I didn't get a letter - email sent. Gracias!

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator