1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Helpe ID an 80+ year old Kawasaki racer in KY

Discussion in 'General' started by Chino52405, Jul 14, 2022.

1. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Anyone know of an 80+ year old former Kawasaki racer living in KY south of Lexington that happens to own a bait shop? I have a friend that was on a long distance ride, crossed a double yellow from fatigue, and stopped at the next off. That happened to be a small bait shop owned by a man and his wife who let him sit by the AC and the bait shop was full of racing pictures and he mentioned racing for Kawi.

This sound like anyone people know?

2. Jeff McKinney

Jeff McKinney Well-Known Member

In the late 80's there was a WERA vintage racer named Granville Smith,IIRC.He was from Lexington and probably in his 50's then.

Chino52405 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  3. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Road race or dirt?

4. Chino52405

Road. And 80+ is the guess of a man that had heat exhaustion.

5. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

In on page 1 :Pop:

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  6. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Maybe call said bait shop and ask him?

7. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

8. Chino52405

From the story, it was a non-descript shack. Buddy stripped to his boxers and sat in the shade of the place, then some dude wandered up with a cell phone on one hip and pistol on the other. Invited him in to cool off.

I was wondering if he was connected somehow. Guy and his wife and I've always wondered about the barnacle part :D.

Not a big deal either way, just occured to me as he's telling me about this random chance thing, that someone here probably knows these people.

9. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

interesting but I haven't a clue . I know some old racers but none that owns a bait shop . maybe V512 may know ? b bill ps . still here, still sewing leathers . b bill and darethea