1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey SpeedyE I saw a racoon in the back yard I think she's single!

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Apr 13, 2022.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Didn't know what your situation is these days whether you're still shacked up with that possum or what.

ToofPic, bleacht and SpeedyE like this.
  2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

What he meant…

5axis, TurboBlew, vfrket and 3 others like this.
  3. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

:crackup:

I love you guys!!!!! <3
    The beeb was about the only ones that were there for me, at my doom/gloom.
    I love you guys! :beer:

TurboBlew, cha0s#242, ToofPic and 7 others like this.
  4. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I love raccoons!!! When we first moved here 11 years ago, I was convinced we would see lots of them since it’s out in the country. I would leave out food scraps, bird seed, etc to attract them but never saw one until just this weekend as I was leaving for work extra early. It was eating the wet cat food that the kitties didn’t want, and it made sure to sneak one last handful before running off as I stepped out. They’re funny aminals.

G 97, ToofPic and SpeedyE like this.
  5. G 97

G 97 Garth

Take your pick. LOL D123B805-AE33-4F73-9C66-1B14A2444D7E.jpeg 60D92C24-2754-4C91-AD2D-D13E72EABE86.jpeg

ToofPic, britx303 and SpeedyE like this.
  6. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I had a pet raccoon when I was 9 years old. We got him as a baby, he was orphaned, and had to bottle feed it. He would ride on my shoulder like a pirate’s parrot all day if I’d let him. He would come to you when called, get in your pockets to see what you had, washed his food. We used to give him sugar cubes and watch him be amazed, he loved it and would lookin and all around his water bowl trying to find it.

He’d play duck duck goose with me and my two sisters... we’d sit on the couch and he’d start pacing back and forth on the back of the couch and then jump on one of our heads and his back paws would wrap around your neck and his front ones would cover your eyes, then he’d bite your hair on top of your head. Never hard or to hurt you, just playing. We loved that as kids. We lived in the wilderness and he stayed around until the first mating season after he was grown. So only had him just under a year but he was pretty cool.

7. 27

27 Well-Known Member

We had an opossum too... it’d chewed it's own leg off and smelled and was kinda gross... it was tame and friendly but I never warmed up to it...

Cherokee folklore says the opossum had the most beautiful tail ever but the creater struck it bald after it’s relentless hubris... always bragging to the other animals about its beautiful tail... no BS story about how it’s face got so ugly... I know that’s not nice but... man I don’t like opossums...

RRP, ToofPic, G 97 and 1 other person like this.
  8. britx303

Possum are ugly but I respectfully leave them alone. We get them from time to time up in my barn rafters until the turkey buzzards run em off. I don’t have the time or energy for a raccoon but it’d be awesome for the moment, just not fair to the creature ultimately

ToofPic and G 97 like this.
  9. 27

27 Well-Known Member

It was kind of cool when it’d wrap it’s tail around your arm and hang there. Everything in nature has a purpose, my Nan would scoop up ants and put them back outside...

I won’t cage or chain any animal ever. That’s why we had so many wild animals for pets for just awhile... like the raccoon, opossum, and a cool deer that acted like a dog, until mating season and it was gone.

Had a bunch of blue racer snakes that would come and chase me to get me to chase them back and race back and forth, loved that. They disappeared by time I was 10 forever, don’t know if it was DDT or what. Haven’t seen one since.

Chameleons and salamanders, and turtles. An injured Owl hung out for months until it healed up. Never rabbits, probably because we ate them, no ground hogs either, the dogs ate them.

ToofPic likes this.
  10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

This is not how this thread was supposed to go. :crackup: Damn hippies

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  11. 27

27 Well-Known Member

That’s halfbreed hillbilly to you! I ain’t no hippy even if @pickled egg called me one for liking watching hippy chicks dance to Supertramp and Fleetwood Mac when I was a kid ;)

britx303 likes this.
  12. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Granny sez let's cook up them vittles
    [​IMG]

YamahaRick, Steeltoe and 27 like this.
  13. 27

27 Well-Known Member

The only thing my granny wouldn’t cook was snakes. Other kin cooked rattlers a bit but she hated snakes and worms so bad she wouldn’t even eat spaghetti.

I’m sure I’ve had about everything that’s edible in the Appalachia wilderness.

Shenanigans, G 97 and britx303 like this.
  14. britx303

I ain’t no god dammed cookie eatin’, paisley wearin’, patchoulie stinking’ hippie!!!! :moon:

15. britx303

Oh yeah………yeah that was pretty gross of you:crackup:

27 likes this.
  16. G 97

G 97 Garth

How about a ground hog or two? :D D6361072-99DB-480D-9EF0-8534E874C898.jpeg CCABB00C-0FC4-4343-A1B9-9121F852A022.jpeg

ToofPic and SpeedyE like this.
  17. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I do like paisley too, and cookies.... oh man!!! Damn it! I feel an intervention coming...

beac83 and britx303 like this.
  18. G 97

G 97 Garth

Look at these little stinkers.
    5CF23699-2D64-4CC3-9913-B8B252FDBC06.jpeg

ToofPic, britx303 and SpeedyE like this.
  19. SpeedyE

You disappeared before I did... worried for you... I am glad you are back/doing OK Garth! Love you brother!

Love the cage babies... don't hurt them! (I know you wont ;) ) <3

G 97 likes this.
  20. SpeedyE

Godbless Brother <3 Godbless

378776_2576388252822_1620248781_n.jpg

ToofPic, G 97 and 27 like this.