MotoGP | 2022 | Race 4 | COTA | USA | April 8 - 10

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Apr 4, 2022.

1. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

they are Aprilia/Ohvale RS250Sp bikes. Unfortunately they are carb'd so I'd imagine the teams have some autonomy on carb setup, if a rider had 2.5mph higher speed they could have been in a better tuck or carried more speed out of the corner. I'm curious how those bikes react when they go race High Plains in Colorado (amazing track)

2. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

Spec bikes.

If you look at the podium Jesse is a little guy. Even though he was on the top box 2nd and 3rd place was still taller than him! :D

And if you watched the race there was two distinct groups. The lead group was beating the hell out of each other instead of working together to chase down the lead bike.

The other group chasing the lead group had the same issues.

Race craft definitely needs developed but that is exactly what this series is for.

Plus I'm sure bike prep and setup had a huge play in things. Appears he got his gearing and suspension dead nuts perfect.

Lets see if the other kids make adjustments for this morning races.

Nathey, G 97 and G Dawg like this.
  3. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

That make sense then.

4. FastByKids

Update, link a posted was yesterdays race.

This is the race in thirty minutes.

Update to the update, appears Dorna does not permit links to forums.

[​IMG]

G 97 and BigBird like this.
  5. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Bigger crowd than last year. After moto gp qualified it turned into a ghost town.

6. FastByKids

I was watching the podium. Was highly disappointed the Europeans brought their "European rules" to Texas. Sigh

7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

On my way to COTA. Warmer today.

8. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I’m in the Turn 15 bleachers.

9. henry_carlson

I only recognize one name and he is destroying the field atm. Is this a weaker field compared to say ovahle cup that motoamerica does?

10. Suzuka_joe

some of those kids are from CMRA. They're all quite fast but #99 shedden is a bit of another level. If #25 had a better qualifying he would have taken race 2 I think, he came from p5 on the first lap to p2 on spec bikes.

henry_carlson likes this.
  11. FastByKids

What I was told was most of the kids only received their bikes THAT weekend so there was no time for shakedowns in a low pressure environment. I'm sure you will see the field tighten up once bikes get sorted.

There is some serious talent in the field with kids coming out of various programs throughout the country.

Jesse / Alex / Haydn came out of UMRA in California and have been battling for years.

Chase / Aiden / David were battling each other in TMPGP in Texas.

Jayden / Monk / Cunnison were WERA GNF competitors.

Those are the kids we have banged bars with and don't mean to slight anyone else.

Was a tough watching the races to be honest. Unfortunately it's a money sport. I'm not saying this because I'm their dad, but Hayden and Parker would be easily top 5 in that field. Such is life...

12. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

So like when Twins races after SBK on an MA weekend?

BigBird and henry_carlson like this.
  13. FastByKids

Cool memory we have with Jesse and his family: They showed up on the scene with a Husqvana 65cc two stroke. His dad takes off the dirt tires and puts on some slicks (no suspension adjustment) and the kid completely checks out on the field in his first race (Horse Thief Mile). They completely upset the usual fast Kawi 65 cc's. The amount of butthurt was epic.

Jesse was a world class motocross racer and had competed all over the world.

We would tease him about being on a "dirtbike" and was coaching him how to talk to his dad about switching to a GP chassis.

And the rest is history, plus it doesn't hurt having Josh Herrin as a personal coach and mentor!

14. henry_carlson

I find it very odd they dont even give motoamerica a warm up session today.

15. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Is Jake’s bike going to run today?

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

What’s up with Sneed flailing his legs and arms while back shifting?

cosp600rr likes this.
  17. Suzuka_joe

hasn't he ridden he RS250SP that Eleven Motorsports has in Texas quite a bit too? Id imagine some of those kids haven't sat on the bike prior to the weekend. Hopefully they get some testing in and I'm super excited to watch them race at High Plains, its an awesome track too

18. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Nope. No testing. Pour oil in, pour in gas and go race.

19. Suzuka_joe

tight schedules, its unfortunate since Attack can't really do any runs on the bike to test it unless they go do some test hits up highway 130

G 97 likes this.
  20. Suzuka_joe

just checked, he's been to Kart Moto on the RS250SP in 2020
    not on the new race bike but he's ridden the rs250sp at kart Moto. regardless the kid is gonna go far and I'd pick him for the championship