MotoGP | 2022 | Race 4 | COTA | USA | April 8 - 10

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Apr 4, 2022.

1. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

The tracks will be the key, he knows that track and that track suits the bike. Places like vir etc will be interesting to see how they adapt

BigBird, motion and Nathey like this.
  2. Nathey

Nathey Well-Known Member

Idk man, I wouldn't count last year's frontrunners out. Gagne, Petersen, and Scholtz are world class riders. Petrucci will be in the mix but he's not going off into the sunset. This is, I believe, the only track on the Motoamerica calendar that he's been to. He's got a long road ahead of him.

Dragginass, StaccatoFan and motion like this.
  3. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

What’s up w/ Gagne and Peterson in pits? Both have one slow lap or so.

Petrucci in 2:08s, very interesting. This season is looking good.

4. Nathey

Nathey Well-Known Member

Both Attack Yamahas were smoking and came in early in the session. Gagne is still on pole from his lap in Q1

5. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

stamboli said on the trackdaz podcast that they were trying different engine builds and maybe they chose the wrong ones this weekend. remember last 2 years ago when Beaubiers R1 kept blowing smoke and they said it was over filled on oil

6. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

It’d be a shame if they can’t race Petrux to the end this weekend.

7. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

My MotoAmerica app is not working. Anyone else having this issue

8. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I’ll rephrase.... I would’ve bet he wouldn’t ride at all...

Considering his crash record I agree he very well may not make it to the race... hope that doesn’t happen and all of them stay healthy.

Quicktoy likes this.
  9. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Gagne broke an engine the first race of the year last year also.

Nathey likes this.
  10. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I once got woken up at 5am when my RV bedroom was right beside Stamboli’s semi generator because he had an idea and wanted to build a new spec ZX6R engine... I’m sure he’ll figure it out quickly.

Nathey likes this.
  11. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Like Dakar?
    I know what you’re saying but he’s a motogp winner that has been on a bike nonstop for over a decade... I don’t think learning tracks will be an issue.

G 97, BigBird, Quicktoy and 1 other person like this.
  12. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

I don't think learning the tracks will be the issue, but I think Gagne and his bike are that good right now. People thought Baz was going to run away with it last year, too.

If I remember right, there were years where the SBK's weren't even running Moto 2 times. They are under them now, and that's with the new Triumph engines.

Senna, hotnail, 27 and 1 other person like this.
  13. Nathey

Nathey Well-Known Member

We'll see what happens. He's a great rider for sure but in my opinion there's no way he runs away with the title. As you know, Westby, Attack, M4 and others are incredible top teams with world class riders. The top SBK guys can hold their own just fine.

27 likes this.
  14. Nathey

Nathey Well-Known Member

I do think he'll be in the mix with the top teams, I'm just saying he won't run away with it.

27 likes this.
  15. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Both factory Yamahas DQ from q2 ?

16. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I don’t think he’ll run away with it either... set up will be an issue for Petrucci but not learning the tracks... he’ll know what he needs but whether or not they have time to get it sorted for Q and R is another variable

Gagne is a class act too... worked with him on his Indy Moto2 wild card so so long ago and he’s still the same great kid... I hear today he was hanging out by himself in the Talent Cup Kids paddock just looking and talking to the kids...

Nathey likes this.
  17. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

Baz doesn't suck for sure, but I don't think that's a comparison. I don't think he's at Petrucci's level. This is gonna be more relatable to Biaggi's stepback or even Elias', than Baz.

18. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Not a chance he’ll dominate. Has to learn new tires on top of new circuits. Our boys over here are dialed in. Gonna take a lot of work.

19. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

By "on top" you mean he qualified 3rd?
    Gagne didn't even get in a lap of q2. If he had increased his lap times in Q2 the same amount Petrucci did, he'd still be .9 ahead.
    At this rate, Petrucci will be winning practice in another couple of rounds.
    I like Petrux, but he won't be running away with anything, it will be good racing all year and I foresee multiple race winners this year.

20. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Yep.

upload_2022-4-8_23-12-18.png

Can't wait for the podcast about this one...