The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

F#$%ck F1. I don't know who watches this $hit.

2. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

3. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Some guy who likes 2 strokes.

4. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

89% of the world that like football and espressos I would guess!

motion likes this.
  5. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

6. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Gotta admit the aero this year is interesting.

aero.jpg

8. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Thing about this year is, its looking like a spec series. The rules must have been pretty restrictive because every car I have seen so far is a cookie cutter of the others. Only diff is livery. I am sure there will be more wicks and flicks on the floor as shown above, but the old man yelling at the clouds in me pines back to the 70s and 80s when every team turned out a car that looked completely different from all others.

Yzasserina likes this.
  9. r1owner

r1owner All cars suck!

Yeah, hopefully the following car won't be affected as much by dirty air and will allow for some actual racing.

10. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

I haven’t seen two cars that are anywhere near alike. Even the front wing which is very restrictive look different.

It’s going to be interesting to see how the teams adapt and which design is proven to be the best. When the Mclaren came out, most of the experts were shocked by their suspension setup of pulled rod front and pushrod rear. Then the RB18 was finally seen at Barcelona and they have the same setup. It’s something that won’t be easily copied in the first year if it’s proven to be the better way.

Nathey and MikeR like this.
  11. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

I was waiting for the guy who doesn't watch/follow F1 to let us all know that Haas Racing is down one driver...

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

They were down one driver even when Mazepin was "driving."

evakat, chobes, tiggen and 2 others like this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He got caught with a bunch of people who thought they could decide which current events give them a pass on blessing the forum with their highly-sought political opinions. I believe Mongo extended free one-month vacations to them.
    He was also contemplating his options for a motorcycle tour around the edges of Russia at the time, so I'm not sure we will be getting him back either way.

14. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Mazespin was always worth a laugh. If I wasn't home , there was a spin counter on one of the watchalongs on the tube so I could see how many spins he had for the weekend and a ytd count.

15. rwdfun

rwdfun

Whelp Haas deal with the devil for blood money back fired. Not sad about that but Yuki Spin-outa is definitely gonna have to pick up the slack to make up for the russian’s departure.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  16. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Oscar needs to get that seat. He deserves it much more than that chinaman that got his seat the same way Mazepin did.

Yzasserina likes this.
  17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, shit! It looks like Magnussen is back in F1.

CBRRRRR999 and mike w like this.
  18. Rene Bucek

Rene Bucek Well-Known Member

I wish they picked up Hulkenburg instead.

Yzasserina likes this.
  19. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Guess George Russell may not be all he was made out to be. :D
    Ferrari on pole.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Because he failed to get pole position for his first race in a new car that Hamilton couldn't get into the top two rows either? Yeah, he needs to get demoted to Williams. :D