1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2022 MA Daytona 200

Discussion in 'General' started by Pneumatico Delle Vittorie, Jan 7, 2022.

1. edd77

edd77 Member

I don’t believe there was any fluild down in the chicane, the temp was really cold and I struggled to keep heat in the front on these small bikes at Daytona, there’s only 3 right handers and a long run up to the chicane that cools it even more.
    If you hit the seem mid track with the front not properly loaded….
    I was the next bike behind Darren and Dominic when they went down and they were wider than me…I prefer the Hayes line!!
    On the last lap with no pressure from behind I went in a little slower, picked up the gas a tick sooner unloaded the front and ended on top of the pile already there!

Gino230, regularguy and Triple X like this.
  2. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Didn't Suzuki get in hot water when Spies & Maladin ran superbike with clearly illegal polished cranks... but AMA/DMG Didn't DQ them???

3. G 97

G 97 Garth

DrA5 likes this.
  4. G 97

G 97 Garth

Mladins crank was found to be questionable after post race inspection and then later determined to be illegal. While both Spies and Hayden’s cranks weren’t inspected. Mladin made comments that all the cranks were the same in all three bikes after his two wins were stripped. IIRC. I do know Mladins crank didn’t conform with multiple OEM provided crank samples. No idea on Spies or Hayden’s as they were not inspected.

5. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

Jason Farrell had taken a pic from the fan zone as I had the overhead doors open during post race inspection. The Erion crank was totally illegal.

The first time Mladin was DQ his crank was not even close to a stock crank. The next time he was DQ I checked the other riders cranks his was the only illegal one.

Josh did deserve to win , if not for the arrogance of his team who thought they could get away with whatever they wanted he would have won.

DrA5, stk0308, G 97 and 6 others like this.
  6. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Let me guess, being an engineer, you were too cheap to buy the special tires. So, when you were going counter-race, you were just trying to even out your tire wear. :D

tophyr and 969 like this.
  7. 418

418 Expert #59

Within first 5min. Stamboli gives it to MA with both barrels...

L8RSK8R, jd41, henry_carlson and 3 others like this.
  8. G 97

G 97 Garth

I think that pic is on one of my old Blackberry that I can’t get pics off of unless it has service.
    It’s the same one that contains pics of some auto flipped over on its roof somewhere in Virginia. :crackup:
    Probably a good place for them all. :D

DrA5 and 5axis like this.
  9. 418

418 Expert #59

Stamboli has no love for Herrin.

Jesus that was brutal. :eek:

Yes, I quoted myself...

10. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Speaking of Dustin's podcast, is it available on apple's podcast app?

11. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

pretty hilarious if you ask me lol

TurboBlew and 418 like this.
  12. 27

27 Well-Known Member

cliff notes?

13. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

time stamp?

14. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

50 min in

15. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

3 mins of no fucts...lmao

cav115 and 27 like this.
  16. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

Stanboli has never minded sharing his thoughts. I worked w Melissa the year she was under his tent and he was brutally honest. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion. I prefer it....but it can seem harsh to some.

The discussion about why they ran Pirelli tires was good too.

cav115, MELK-MAN, sanee and 4 others like this.
  17. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

nope, idk why everyone calls it a podcast its a youtube show lol

18. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Not surprised. Could see that brewing in 21.

koth442 likes this.
  19. 27

27 Well-Known Member

We need a club... I guess most of us know who the others are as we always seem to get along or find each other, but there aren’t enough of us... imo

I’ve posted about it before but Stanboli is in rare company as nomotter what the success of his current role, he’s always been the one to put in the work and strive to be the best he can. I’ve never worked for anyone like that, as I’ve always been in that lead role, but would love to have a team of similar minds around me like that. Mind you, he’ll be at the track building engines at 5am if he had an idea that he thinks will help, and he will grab a broom to sweep up while thinking of his next one if that or anything else needs done. I don’t know him well but have been around his many different roles for years and few are driven to win more than him. Glad he’s showing his true potential recently, that’s not often the case with a decades old career professional in any arena.

people are too easily offended by direct precise communications unfortunately. I don’t have the time or patience to make sure I’m tending to others emotions while trying trying to achieve my goals as well.

Hope you and yours are happy and healthy Steve.

20. G 97

G 97 Garth

Hey @DrA5, @GNC is conspicuously being quiet about this. :crackup::D
    Good times. :bow:

DrA5 likes this.