1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2022 MA Daytona 200

Discussion in 'General' started by Pneumatico Delle Vittorie, Jan 7, 2022.

1. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Simon is the best, great guy and great corner captain.

2. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

I remember that the dq was for a illegal crank. And that's possible because the Honda 600 wasn't up to snuff compared to other 600s?

evakat and G 97 like this.
  3. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Google Michelin 2 wheel competition brochure or something like that and you'll find it. I think it was done in 18 or 19

4. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Was a Michelin vendor at Daytona because maybe there wasn't enough interest from racers to warrant someone to come and vend? And was he was on a Daytona rear?

5. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yep, fully polished crank. It wasn’t BS. It was blatantly illegal.

DrA5 likes this.
  7. Greg ZX6R

Greg ZX6R Well-Known Member

015101895104019.jpg came in a couple times with cell phone sized pieces missing ..

23103a and Nathey like this.
  8. 27

27 Well-Known Member

PSA!

I haven’t read further but have been there and done that and even when they were free...

Don’t... just do not use them anywhere for any reason... no amount of “savings” will be rationalized for anything other than a roller of a Daytona spec show bike or even then you’ll spend time explaining the odd shape, markings of then D tire...

So, please save your health and that of others around you and just do not use Daytona tires anywhere but Daytona.

tophyr likes this.
  9. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Frank,
    Do you remember Skubic(sp?)?
    Maybe Scandinavian,
    Euro for sure, guy/team that kept on Keeping on... I was hoping he’d be able to do some great things during this transition period either as a rider or owner as it transformed... not discrediting their accomplishments no matter what happened just curious... hell Ciarian(sp) just said Ferracci
    Will be 84 soon... time gets us all...

10. Greg ZX6R

Greg ZX6R Well-Known Member

For clarification, I was trying to quote Melka in my post, and the pic was from a buddy that was there a few years ago, I believe.

11. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Why not? I think pace is what really makes the difference. I ran a regular Pirelli SC1 on my ZX6R when I raced at Daytona (CCS sprints) and it worked fine for a practice session and 2 races, although the left side was wearing much faster than the right side. I then put a Daytona spec tire on for the last race I had, and since it was so new I ended up using it at Jennings and PBIR too for track days. Could barely tell the difference. It felt like have a regular soft SC1 when taking right turns, but like a harder SC2 or SC3 when taking left turns lol Worked just fine though. I just scored a great deal on 3 Daytona rear tires that all have about 1-3 laps on them only, so almost brand new, and I plan on using them at whatever tracks I go to this year, starting with CMP in April :)

Granted I'm nowhere near the pace of you, Mesa or any of the top several guys that were running in the D200. Probably a good 6-7 seconds off your pace at most tracks, and closer to 10 seconds at Daytona. But I guess when you're slower, the benefit is you can get away with doing this stuff lol

12. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

yes they've been to every daytona event since the tire has been available to the general public

13. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Nice, Bridgestone had $1500 for the highest finisher on their tire, guaranteed money right there

Yes, Daytona spec tire.

Looked somewhat like this, but more of it missing.

14. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Heck yes, Bostjan Skubic, from Slovenia. Cheerful guy, rode an R6 in the 200 for 10 or 11 years into the ASRA era. He came over only for the 200 because he viewed it as a historic race worthy of the effort to get here. I remember teching his bike and talking to him about his goals. Good guy, hope he finds his way back in some form.

Canadian Bacon likes this.
  15. Lwtkawi

Lwtkawi Member

This----hands and knees in the chicane no fluid.

16. 27

27 Well-Known Member

It was a late DQ too...
    We were all already at the Ocean Deck... the way racers do after the 200... talk about a roller coaster ride... Josh and Chaz are both great guys... both handled themselves as expected... from what I remember

17. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Cool, he rode something odd, like a YZF750 when we were all on GSXRs back in the day too I think... before the Change to 600s. He got better and faster too over the years for awhile. Seems like I talked to Vincent Haskovich about him but that’s obviously been years and years and they were not of the same area, hell I think that was during Kosovo... I could be very wrong about those memories though ;)

18. Jed

Jed mellifluous

G 97 likes this.
  19. 27

27 Well-Known Member

That like the “golf ball” treatment? IPC was a company selling that a decade ago, at Daytona actually, met the Japanese head of Tech I believe. He came to sell the treatment to anyone that managed two surfaces that met it seemed... so anyone that would listen... cool stuff.

20. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

yes, saw the photo.. and the standard tires WILL do that if ya go sub 2:00 lap time, especially if track temps go up, but not the recent released daytona spec tires. A few people have done the entire D200 on these tires. My old standard tires on occasion, had done that all the way around the tire on that left side.