1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gas for $1.99 a gallon around here.

Discussion in 'General' started by eggfooyoung, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Well...why do you think all these car pool lanes have a yearly pass option? Today it's one lane. In the 100% electric future they are pushing to usher in they will all be toll lanes.

2. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

What if the charging station was beside a gun store? :)

3. Im in enough trouble with the gun store being beside the wife’s Barre place. It’d be ridiculous if there was one beside where I had to charge the car all the time.

I’d end up needing a 4th safe. :D

4. The fact is, “they” are NOT going to lose money.

If they start losing money/taxes due to too many EVs, they will just figure out a way to tax them more.

5. Venom51

I already told you one way. The other will be a mileage tax taken when you go to get your car insprected for registration. The ECU will happily tell them exactly how far you have driven....be ready...it's coming.

Gorilla George likes this.
  6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

When they do that, hopefully they don’t double dip those of us still running ICE vehicles.

7. Venom51

Of course they will...peasant.

8. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Joke's on them - I don't drive my truck very much at all and don't get any of my bikes inspected :p

9. :crackup:

10. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Yep....generally speaking let's say a 300 mile range. St. Michael's MD -> Bloomington, IN is 700 miles...Google maps says ~11 hours, add 2 for stops in an ICE car generously for stretching, bathroom stops, eating, gas ups, etc.

No matter what the EV trip planning web sites say....figure that takes more than a few hours later
    You asked and doubted my Highlander Hybrids mpg a while back in a thread. This week I paid attention and did the manual check.

filled up Monday and drove 453 miles. 12.1 to fill it this afternoon. Computer on the dash showed 37.5 mpg.

453/12.1

Looks like it’s about accurate.

11. joec

joec brace yourself

thats pretty good!

12. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Not of you are paying your heated seat bill :D

Gorilla George and pickled egg like this.
  13. StaccatoFan

Yep. For the cost of the Tesla Model 3 I got the Highlander and have about enough money left over for about 180k miles of gas at $4.20 a gallon.

EV boy that decided to show his ignorance talking about “free” has already paid that gas money into Musks pocket AND he’s paying interest in it.

Gorilla George likes this.
  14. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

We had a $0.30 cent drop in regular today. Back to $4.01.

15. StaccatoFan

Yeah. Ours dropped 10 cents. We can afford Xmas now. o_O

16. No shit. I don’t really pay attention, but I think the last time I checked mine the highest I got like 25-26mpg, and that was on the interstate with the cruise set (usually at 84mph, till someone going faster comes along, then I’ll turn on the follow mode and set the gap between us huge, and use them as a lead blocker :D).

Id hate to see what I get in the city because of the way I drive. I wouldn’t be surprised if it is like 15-16 or some shit.

BigBird likes this.
  17. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

You see that's where a normal person would get close and stay in the draft so as to save on fuel.

18. Im not worried about saving fuel. I’m trying not to get a ticket. :D

I can set the follow mode up with a huge gap, like 100m or some shit. Then I set the cruise on a speed much higher than we are going, so it will match the other car’s speed no matter how fast he goes.

If he comes up on a cop and hits his brakes, mine will brake automatically (in an effort to maintain the preset distance).

Lead Blocker. :D

That’s my routine on long trips if the road is wide open and no traffic (especially during the night). I set it at 84 and wait for someone to pass me.

19. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

That’s great for a SUV. Our Prius usually only gets 39-41.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.