1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA SS600 Question

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by chblyth, Mar 7, 2022.

1. chblyth

chblyth Active Member

Are aftermarket clutch and brake levers accepted in WERA superstock 600? Haven't been able to find a recent definitive post on this.

Thanks

2. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Clutch and brake levers can be changed in Superstock. Essentially they are part of the bars which can also be changed.

TurboBlew, chblyth and mpusch like this.
  3. APO2112

APO2112 Well-Known Member

So with that logic, MC can be changed yes?

"Here's my Brembo folding lever (attached to the bar via a CNC billet 19x18 hydraulic system" hahaha

jokes....only jokes, people

chblyth likes this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Bad jokes when the newbies may believe it.... :D

5. chblyth

chblyth Active Member

I'm sad I'm going to have to change the MC from the Brembo I bought the bike with...

Teammate says "I think it only matters if you podium and someone challenges it"

To which I reply:

"If I podium in my first race ever with only 1 track day on my new race bike I'll take the disqualification :beer:"

6. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Or run superbike...

chblyth and TurboBlew like this.
  7. chblyth

chblyth Active Member

Would like to both for sure

8. RoidRageFool

RoidRageFool @FundedByWifeRacing

Should I get my protests forms ready now or later? Haha

9. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

As the development of 600's becomes more and more stagnant, it is only a matter of time before aftermarket masters are allowed in SS. I mention the lack of developing 600's because the age of the average 600 on the grid is growing. As the bikes naturally grow older, more and more racebikes are getting passed around and upgraded along the way, hence, the aftermarket masters are more and more common, especially as OEM equipment ages out/gets broken in crashes, etc.

Of course, WERA just won't allow them, so we'll continue to do the same dumb ass song and dance that we did with double bubbles and slicks of yesteryear, until eventually they'll get approved after Sean pushes out some BS reason of why they're now finally OK to use.

Run whatever master you want. There is a 99% chance tech will not know or check your entry to what is on your bike, and quite frankly, it's not really their job. It's to ensure look over the bike for mechanical safety, not class rules. Also, if your competitors are going to cheat, they'll be cheating with motor builds, which will put you at a disadvantage far more than an aftermarket master will. Will you be technically illegal and open to protest? Sure. Will it matter? Depends.

Signed,

A rebel that used a double bubble AND slicks when they weren't allowed

chblyth and APO2112 like this.
  10. SWest122

SWest122 Well-Known Member

Cheater.

tdelegram, chblyth and Wheel Bearing like this.